Hawkeyes' perspective on their losses to ISU

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Iowa played my Storm? How the hell did I miss that?

THey should feel bad only beating a D3 team by that margin. :wink:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
1. ISU has had the better womens team for the last 10 years no question. ISU women's team is in a way different league than Iowa's. ISU was expected to win that game.

2. A healthy Wes would school Freeman anyday. Well a 50% Wes would do the same. What if Lucca could play and Juri was 100% what would the outcome be then. What if Brackins hit 5 more give me's. That game wasn't as close as the score. What if What if What if. Its like the if Tate would have finished the game 3 years ago.

3. Do they realize the Iowa FB team wasnt that good. What if ISU scores TDs instead of FGs, game over at half.

Iowa has bigger budget than ISU, they pay their coaches more (I think their WBB coach even makes more than Coach F), yet ISU has the better athletic dept, and they think Pollard is the devil. Go figure

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Iowa has bigger budget than ISU, they pay their coaches more (I think their WBB coach even makes more than Coach F), yet ISU has the better athletic dept, and they think Pollard is the devil. Go figure

At this point it should be abundantly clear to everyone at ISU that Pollard is running ISU into the ground, and it's quite possible we will never recover as an athletic department. I mean, we've got off the field problems galore, a completely disinterested, and possibly hostile, fanbase that boos it's players off the field on senior day, a gym that's got fewer people in it for home men's basketball games than a 4A high school, not to mention the women's program across the state, an apathetic and underachieving football program losing to lower tier MAC teams. At least we've got a decent wrestling program.

oh wait. s/ISU/Iowa.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Hawk fans need to rethink the FB game: Just think how badly you got outplayed to give a guy as shakey as Culbertson 6 FG attempts. I know the ISU didn't try any 50 yarders. A couple of them were almost extra point range. Face it Hawk fans, ISU played a bad game and still won.

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
1. ISU has had the better womens team for the last 10 years no question. ISU women's team is in a way different league than Iowa's. ISU was expected to win that game.

2. A healthy Wes would school Freeman anyday. Well a 50% Wes would do the same. What if Lucca could play and Juri was 100% what would the outcome be then. What if Brackins hit 5 more give me's. That game wasn't as close as the score. What if What if What if. Its like the if Tate would have finished the game 3 years ago.

3. Do they realize the Iowa FB team wasnt that good. What if ISU scores TDs instead of FGs, game over at half.

Even Jon Miller said EIU wouldn't have won with Freeman. Also said Brackins has amazing upside and if he made 50 of his bunnies, it would have been a blowout.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Put T-Free on the court at full health - and ISU's Wesley Johnson, who's also on the mend - and I'll guarantee an Iowa "W."

:eek:...... Seriously?

I know Alex, and he's the biggest Iowa homer I've ever met. Before the football game this fall, he sent me a message that read "I almost feel sorry for Iowa State about the beat down that coming this Saturday. Almost" An hour after the game, I got another one that said "I guess NIU and Syracuse weren't as good as I thought."

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I know Alex, and he's the biggest Iowa homer I've ever met. Before the football game this fall, he sent me a message that read "I almost feel sorry for Iowa State about the beat down that coming this Saturday. Almost" An hour after the game, I got another one that said "I guess NIU and Syracuse weren't as good as I thought."

You should have fired back an immediate text to him that said "you think?" Then again, thinking and Iowa homers actually don't mix...

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The super bowl thing is just tired. If its such a "superbowl" game to us, then why not come in and smoke us to prove a point? After this many loses, this game has become more important to Iowa than it is to us.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Why did this come to mind after I read that?

"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
It's a student paper. A crappy one, I'll admit, but still a student paper. My question is, why are people searching the Daily Iowan for articles? I realize there aren't many better papers in the state, but almost all are better than that "publication".

I don't know why they are looking for articles. But I also have a question, why are you here? Do you really feel a need to stand up for your Hawkeye faithful?:dull:

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I actually like SouthernHawk's perspective being voiced here. It helps keep me hatred of the Hawks at a comfortable level year-round.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
The funny thing is both FB teams were bad, both Men's BB teams are bad, and ISU's Women's BB team is probably the best team of all 3 matchups this year. Make excuses all you want about the men's game but a healthy WJ and an eligible Lucca Staiger and I still like our chances. You play with the cards you are dealt, no excuses. Had we lost that game with or without Freeman playing for Iowa I would not have used WJ's health as an excuse.

The Hawks hate losing to us regardless of the situation wether they want to admit it or not. Just as in every rivalry, you take the wins regardless how good either team is and how you get it. I hate losing to Iowa just as much as their fans hate to lose to us so don't think for 1 minute I'll accept their sorry excuses and reasons for their loss. At the end of the game the only thing that matters is who has more points on the scoreboard. They aren't going to put an asterick in the record books stating Tony Freeman missed the game and I'm not sold yet that he's even as big of a difference maker the Hawk fans make him out to be. Yes he helps but let's see him perform against good teams and do it consistently.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The funny thing is both FB teams were bad, both Men's BB teams are bad, and ISU's Women's BB team is probably the best team of all 3 matchups this year. Make excuses all you want about the men's game but a healthy WJ and an eligible Lucca Staiger and I still like our chances. You play with the cards you are dealt, no excuses. Had we lost that game with or without Freeman playing for Iowa I would not have used WJ's health as an excuse.

The Hawks hate losing to us regardless of the situation wether they want to admit it or not. Just as in every rivalry, you take the wins regardless how good either team is and how you get it. I hate losing to Iowa just as much as their fans hate to lose to us so don't think for 1 minute I'll accept their sorry excuses and reasons for their loss. At the end of the game the only thing that matters is who has more points on the scoreboard. They aren't going to put an asterick in the record books stating Tony Freeman missed the game and I'm not sold yet that he's even as big of a difference maker the Hawk fans make him out to be. Yes he helps but let's see him perform against good teams and do it consistently.

I don't know, Trav. I think Tony Freeman will win the Heisman this year. I know he's injured, but somehow it must be the coaching staff's fault for keeping their best player on the bench.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Where do I sign up to get a Superbowl ring? As long as Kirk is their coach, I should be able to amass plenty of rings.

Yeah, I wonder when SI is going to do their commemorative issue of our Super Bowl win. Doesn't it come with a special signed football or something?

Bottom line is that the team that ISU beat was not that good. It didn't take a Super Bowl effort to win. In fact, all it took was multiple WR sets on offense and stuffing the run on defense.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Looks like this kid could have a bright future sitting next to Sean Keeler at the DSM Register.