Hawks Officially Leaving

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Iowa just picked up a JUCO running back that runs a 4.4 forty - and will be a Junior next year. Not to mention, Brodell, Moeaki, Stross, and the receivers will be healthy again. I'm not that worried about the offense next year - surely it won't be as bad as this year.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Are the players that used the stole credit card still with the team??

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Are the players that used the stole credit card still with the team??

DD is no longer with the team - and I'm not sure the fate of Bowman. But it sounds like most of the trouble makers from this year's team are no longer in Iowa City. Hopefully these problems are done and gone, and the Hawks can move on.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Will the rate of arrests, particularly the receivers, I'd still be might concerned about next year's offense:wink: Saying you're not would be like me saying I'm not worried about our guard play this season.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
Iowa just picked up a JUCO running back that runs a 4.4 forty - and will be a Junior next year. Not to mention, Brodell, Moeaki, Stross, and the receivers will be healthy again. I'm not that worried about the offense next year - surely it won't be as bad as this year.

He looks to be a decent RB, but Iowa better not just rely on him, he appears to have a commitment problem. I wouldn't count on him untill the day he signs.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Well I wouldn't count on him until he's past his background check:laugh:

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yes, we get it, Iowa has legal problems :wink:

But yeah - I'm done counting on recruits sticking to their verbals. It's not just with Iowa, but all over the nation. I don't know why this year seems to be so much worse than others...

But if he does stay, Iowa still needs a few more RBs - 1 Big Ten caliber back isn't enough.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
This is good:

Albert Young, Iowa’s leading rusher who rooms with Greene didn’t want to comment on Greene’s possible return last month, saying only, “Man, Shonn likes to watch TV.”

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'll stop, I'm sorry:smile:

It does seem to be an epidemic thats only getting worse. I think a lot of it has to do with the "me, me, me" mentality of younger athletes and the fact that they all think they're the next best thing even when they might really not even be starting material.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
DD is no longer with the team - and I'm not sure the fate of Bowman. But it sounds like most of the trouble makers from this year's team are no longer in Iowa City. Hopefully these problems are done and gone, and the Hawks can move on.

Ummm when did this happen??

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk

Good to see that they are back. JC hasn't show consistency throwing the ball within 5 yards of a reciever, what makes you think next year will be different? He's already been there 2 or 3 years (can't remember if he redshirt) with little improvement.

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
This is good:

Albert Young, Iowa’s leading rusher who rooms with Greene didn’t want to comment on Greene’s possible return last month, saying only, “Man, Shonn likes to watch TV.”

Wow, how bad are things behind the scenes that Greene would not want to come back? He is already a crowd favorite, he doesn't have to share playing time, what could possibly be so wrong?

If he is still living with AY, he might be attending the IC campus of Kirkwood. This all sounds weird.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron