Hawks Officially Leaving

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Pretty much expected these three would not be on the team next year. Nothing earth-shattering - but still not good news.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa just picked up a JUCO running back that runs a 4.4 forty - and will be a Junior next year. Not to mention, Brodell, Moeaki, Stross, and the receivers will be healthy again. I'm not that worried about the offense next year - surely it won't be as bad as this year.

Dude.. you lost your only 2 decent playmakers.

no offense but from an outsider.. you guys are shaping up to have one of the worst offenses in iowa history.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I'll stop, I'm sorry:smile:

It does seem to be an epidemic thats only getting worse. I think a lot of it has to do with the "me, me, me" mentality of younger athletes and the fact that they all think they're the next best thing even when they might really not even be starting material.

I agree.

Ummm when did this happen??

Since he may be getting jail time, I'm assuming he won't play from prison. Even so, it's not KF's policy to come out and announce that a player has been kicked off the team - he just won't be back.

Good to see that they are back. JC hasn't show consistency throwing the ball within 5 yards of a reciever, what makes you think next year will be different? He's already been there 2 or 3 years (can't remember if he redshirt) with little improvement.

I don't think it will be better, I'm hoping. Crossing my fingers. Praying to the College Football god. I mean, it can't be worse, can it?

Dude.. you lost your only 2 decent playmakers.

no offense but from an outsider.. you guys are shaping up to have one of the worst offenses in iowa history.

No, no it isn't. Iowa returns most of the defensive unit, and the offense will still be primarily in tact - for better or worse. The oline, QB, WR, and whatever new RB will have some practice time, and hopefully the return of the talent at the key positions will help.

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
Not to back up Iowa ( Trust me I just couldnt do it) but I do believe we were super excited going into the year relying on a JUCO RB JJ Bass anyone!? Granted he was a stellar recruit at the time, but you cant rag on them for getting a JUCO RB and being happy about it

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Not to back up Iowa ( Trust me I just couldnt do it) but I do believe we were super excited going into the year relying on a JUCO RB JJ Bass anyone!? Granted he was a stellar recruit at the time, but you cant rag on them for getting a JUCO RB and being happy about it

That being said, we still had two other scholarship guys in A-rob and Scales in the backfield. That's a little different than having a couple of walk-ons and one Juco guy as the entire depth chart in your backfield, especially in the 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust-Big-10.

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
Iowa just picked up a JUCO running back that runs a 4.4 forty - and will be a Junior next year. Not to mention, Brodell, Moeaki, Stross, and the receivers will be healthy again. I'm not that worried about the offense next year - surely it won't be as bad as this year.

After Moeaki was injured I heard there was some concern that he might not ever play again. Was his injury not quite as severe as originally feared or I did I hear some bad information?

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
After Moeaki was injured I heard there was some concern that he might not ever play again. Was his injury not quite as severe as originally feared or I did I hear some bad information?

I think there was some concern about the extent of Brodell's injury. I believe they just figured Moeaki wasn't going to be healthy enough to have a major impact this year and decided to redshirt him.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Iowa returns most of the defensive unit, and the offense will still be primarily in tact - for better or worse.

I think Iowa is in great shape for the future on defense, but losing starters in Iwebema, Mattison, Klink, Humpel, Godfrey isn't returning most of the defensive unit.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Yes...these three are the same ones involved with that case. Or at least that's what I understand. The only one I'm not sure about is Pugh. He was rumored but I don't recall if I saw something concrete regarding him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron