Heading down to Durham

cyclonecraig

Dec 23, 2008
agency,iowa
Bought my tickets this morning and am heading out Thursday night. About 15 hrs to get there. Any local cyclone gatherings in Durham? And any cyclones down there have a good sugestion of where to stay close to Duke? Hope to see lots of fans there. Go Twister sisters.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I just moved away from Durham. If you can afford it, stay at the Washington Duke Inn. If you want to go cheap but decent, go with the La Quinta on 15/501 (aka Durham Chapel Hill Blvd).

Durham isn't the greatest town, but a game in Cameron is worth the trip. Make sure to hit up The Q Shack for some BBQ (get the Carolina style pulled pork and use the vinegar sauce). Head to Main St if you want to hit up a bar (The Federal or James Joyce were my faves....but aren't anything amazing). Also, getting over to Chapel Hill is a very good time and a much better college town. Anything on Franklin is good.

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I can't go to the game Saturday but when we win and play Duke on Monday I plan to fly down from New York to watch us get to the Sweet 16 for the third year in a row....

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Any local cyclone gatherings in Durham? Go Twister sisters.
Cyclone fans attending the opening round of the NCAA Championships are invited to the hotel lobby of the Hilton Durham at 9 a.m. on Saturday, March 19. The Iowa State pep band, spirit squad and Cy will be on hand to wish the team good luck before they head to Cameron Indoor Stadium to take on Marist at 11 a.m. ET.

Sounds like a good time; unless you're a clueless business traveler who just happens to walk through the hotel lobby at 0900.

Help Support Us

Become a patron