Heisman voting-

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
If I could vote it would be for Ndamukong Suh -- not even close. He is by far the "Most Outstanding College Football Player" in America.

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I hope they at least invite Tebow. This would look good in a suit and tie...

Tim-Tebow-crying-video.jpg

He gets to watch the heisman trophy leave with someone else (all previous winners are invited)...just like his chances for a third national championship.

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
My choices:

1. Spiller - I believe he is by far the most electrifying player in college football.
2. Suh
3. McCoy
4. Ingram
5. Tebow

Not having Gerhart in the top 5 is a complete joke. He has more touchdowns this year alone than Spiller does over the last two seasons.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Looking at the list of actual votes that have been placed already does anyone else see a trend from the Omaha and Lincoln voters. Steve Sipple is the only one who actually put a 2nd and 3rd place vote. The others from the world herald and KETV only list Suh as first place and thats it, apparently in their mind no one else is worthy of Heisman talk. Don't know if they have to vote for 2nd and 3rd place but I'm assuming that means less points for Suh's competition.

Typical Huskers

Oh and by the way if I had a vote it would be tough to choose between Suh or Gerhart.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is that ANYONE other the DKLFJSLKDFJHSF Suh to win the Heisman this year.

Nothing personal against him. He is a GREAT, GREAT football player and seems to be a decent kid, but not such a hot driver after having a few pops at 2 in the morning. In fact Santa, I believe afdadlkfjlks to be the most worthy of this award. However, the collective Nebraska fan base is already insufferable enough. This would only add to their entitlement of greatness, order restored, etc. And this doesn't even mention mention the classlessness of their coaching staff (see article for proof Omaha.com - The Omaha World-Herald: Big Red Today - Heartbreaker's haze sees anger and confusion). Giving this award to afadklfjlak will only prolong the inevitable pending "Woody Hayes Moment" that is sure to befall on the 'skers.

I know I am asking for a lot. You already delivered the greatest present I ever dreamed of on October the 24th. But I was hoping to get 12 months of joy out of that. Hearing all of the Bugeaters crow and strut about a Defensive Lineman winning the most prestigious award in football will take that away from me. I would rather them complain and rant about the "second" on the clock, talk about getting robbed of a Championship, and about how they completely outplayed Texas even though they gave up twice as many yards, and first downs.

So Santa, please let Toby Garehart win the Heisman, as anyone voting for a Nebraska player should be ashamed of themselves.

You convinced me. I will stop saying that I think Suh should get the Heisman. This should be a year for Big Red to have lots of regrets, just like us all the rest of the time.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Can you believe how many people have left Ingram entirely off their ballots?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Of the former Heisman winners, 5 have voted for McCoy (4 1sts). Only 1 has even voted for Ingram (and that was 3rd).

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
I'd vote for Gerhart. Suh is a great player. One of the best DL I've seen in college. But I'd rather watch Gerhart truck LBs (never mind what he inflicts on DBs). Lots of guys sack the QB, but not many (anyone else since Earl Campbell?) run like Gerhart.

Intersting. Lots of guys sack the QB, but you'd rather watch someone carry the ball?

That's pretty much the antitheses of how everyone views it this year. Ball carriers win the thing EVERY year, so you are advocating that again even if the best player isn't a ballcarrier?

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
Looking at the list of actual votes that have been placed already does anyone else see a trend from the Omaha and Lincoln voters. Steve Sipple is the only one who actually put a 2nd and 3rd place vote. The others from the world herald and KETV only list Suh as first place and thats it, apparently in their mind no one else is worthy of Heisman talk. Don't know if they have to vote for 2nd and 3rd place but I'm assuming that means less points for Suh's competition.

Typical Huskers

Oh and by the way if I had a vote it would be tough to choose between Suh or Gerhart.

All of the Des Moines people voted for Suh as well. What is your point?