Status
Not open for further replies.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
1) I stated this in another thread, but I think it'd be cool to have a list of the contributers and a bit about their background. Not everyone may know why we're excited about Ben Bruns analyzing football for example.

2) For some reason, I can't get In-State Rivals and Politics to not show up in my front page. Don't tell me to "opt out" of them, as I have (at least according to my settings). Still showing up for me.

3) I'll join the calls for an Android app

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
The #1 thing you could do to improve the place is give the ban-hammer to the unsightly posters. Pretty much anyone who posts regularly in the In-State rivals section would be a good start.

Seriously, there's about 10 posters on this site that make us look horrible and everyone knows who they are.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Each forum has a drop down that you can select "mark this forum read" so when using the "new posts" button they do not show up.

Could there be a quick button by a thread so we can click that and all threads from that forum would be marked "as read"?

So if 10 threads from the basketball betting forum showed up, by clicking that button they all would be "read" when the "new post" button is clicked.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Android App
Fix the ability to add color to text that's been broken since the site overhaul a long time ago. (this text should be red)
Dont put the athletixnation thing on every page. Its so far down the screen almost nobody sees it, so it just slows down the site, plus some of its ads love to play sound with no way to mute them. Very annoying. Plus some people have workplace rules against streaming video, so an ad that autoplays streaming video isnt good.

247cy

Nov 14, 2006
Spring Hill, KS
1) The where are they now articles you made an attempt at doing one time. Jared Homan was the only guy you could dig up?

2) a live chat sort of thing for game day instead of the **official** thread. It would be less cumbersome to keep up with during a game watch, since really all most care about is the latest 10 posts.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
2) a live chat sort of thing for game day instead of the **official** thread. It would be less cumbersome to keep up with during a game watch, since really all most care about is the latest 10 posts.

the only downside to this... a lot of people seem to check into the game thread from mobile browsers, which would not be likely to support the chat.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Negative rep, but not just negative rep. Make it so people have to sacrfice their own rep to use negative rep. This will keep it from getting ridiculous. Just so every time you neg someone, you a negged the same amount. Otherwise you just get a bunch of neg-banging because someone disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron