Hey There

CB21

Mar 13, 2009
Sioux Falls
Ha wow I dont know if you were looking for serious answers but I dont know how many you are going to get. Its college.. you'll eventually be doing all these things at some point.

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
Start by making sure you get to class, if you drink, do it on the weekends to start until you know what to expect from the classes. I am speaking from experience and after working construction for 4 years I finally just graduated after 11 years. Get the school down first, plenty of time to party after that. Make lots of friends, go to every basketball/football/wrestling, volleyball event you can. It will never be more accessable or cheap ever again!! Most of all enjoy every minute, try to graduate in no less than 5 years though, makes for an easier class load.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
This sounds weird, but I had a recurring dream for several years about attending my first day of class at ISU. What I think it means is that my life changed directions at that point and that I could have done things better. My biggest regret is being too shy and not interacting more with the co-eds. I was one of the Big Bang Theory characters.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
You can go elsewhere, save a lot of money going for 2 years, get a construction management degree and do the same thing that90% of ConE's do :wink:

(I got a Civil degree...slightly bias)

Yeah you can go to UNI and get a construction management degree and get paid about 10-15k less a year than what you will graduating from isu in con e...no big deal at all. I'd also like to see those construction managers solve ENGINEERING problems.

You could also get a Con E degree from ISU and do 90% of what CE's do...pick your choice