Hey There

CYCLONE65

May 2, 2009
IOWA
I'm going to ISU this coming fall for civil engineering. I'm extremely pumped for football games, wrestling meets, VIESHA, and the social aspect of college. I was just curious if any of you out there had any advice or suggestions of things to do.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm going to ISU this coming fall for civil engineering. I'm extremely pumped for football games, wrestling meets, VIESHA, and the social aspect of college. I was just curious if any of you out there had any advice or suggestions of things to do.

Tailgating, tailgating, and tailgating. Don't feel obligated to go to class before the Thursday game. There are more important things on campus to do. :yes:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Don't go swimming in Lake Laverne, getting caught streaking is now considered a sexual offense, and don't go hill rolling at the arb after going on a whisky bender. Other than that, the sky's the limit!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Change you major: Construction Engineering is the only way to go!:wink:

You can go elsewhere, save a lot of money going for 2 years, get a construction management degree and do the same thing that90% of ConE's do :wink:

(I got a Civil degree...slightly bias)

CYCLONE65

May 2, 2009
IOWA
Yea sorry for spelling VEISHEA wrong. Wont happen again. I signed up for Friley hall mostly because its close to where i would be having to go.

clintr

Nov 12, 2007
Ames, IA
Get to know your doormates, classmates and professors.
Get out and play broomball at least once a year.
Go Campanile-ing at midnight.
Study hard, play hard.
Eat at Great Plains.
Have parents take you to Hickory Park.
The Thai Kitchen is a great place to get a cheap meal.