Hilarious

Cy83ag

Mar 20, 2010
Earlham
This always cracks me up, these guys are in their teens and early 20's and could play twice a day all week if needed.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Hawkeye basketball are playing poorly because they're tired from the Europe trip they took last summer.

HawkeyeReport.com - Message Boards

If anything theyre still benefitting from that trip. They seemed like a team that was ready to go early in the season, and its where they built all their hype that somehow still has them in the top 25

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Between the Iowa meltdown, the overtime win on senior day and Melvin being voted Big 12 POY, this has been my best weekend as a Cyclone fan in a long time. Thanks to the fine folks at HN for providing the icing on the cake.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Originally posted by Walleye70:
The worst thing to happen to this team was the beam falling at Indiana. I had told a colleague that Iowa would struggle to win any games after that incident because it would kill the momentum they had after the two wins against Michigan and Penn State. Anyone who has played or coached knows how difficult it is to maintain consistency when traveling and not having the usual routines. This team was on the road last week for 5 days without returning home. While it is frustrating to see them play like this, they have ended the season with an unusual schedule that could turn any good team and make them average."

The sky is falling in Iowa City because it fell in Bloomington.
Ya gotta give 'em points for creativity. Caught an interview with Fran-Tech tonight in which he said his team is tired. What happened to that superior depth?
Maybe they're tired of watching their coach scream at the refs all game long...

Last edited by a moderator:

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Watched the wisky-Nebby game today& halftime announcers said IOWA COULD'T GUARD A CHAIR when discussing BOGUS 10 BB NCAA tourney prospects. HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watched the Fred Hoiberg Show and then left it on for the Granny Glasses show. When he isn't raging, Mad Fran looks like he has indigestion.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
DL817: "Burned out from a trip before the season started? LOL.....no"

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This always cracks me up, these guys are in their teens and early 20's and could play twice a day all week if needed.

Yeah, but they are blaming the falling beam. They had to play six in three weeks like the pros.

SammyWild

Mar 3, 2014
The worst thing to happen to this team was the beam falling at Indiana. I had told a colleague that Iowa would struggle to win any games after that incident because it would kill the momentum they had after the two wins against Michigan and Penn State. Anyone who has played or coached knows how difficult it is to maintain consistency when traveling and not having the usual routines. This team was on the road last week for 5 days without returning home. While it is frustrating to see them play like this, they have ended the season with an unusual schedule that could turn any good team and make them average."

Ya gotta give 'em points for creativity. Caught an interview with Fran-Tech tonight in which he said his team is tired. What happened to that superior depth?

Mentally that is a spent team. I watched some of the game Saturday, and they didn't look engaged at all.

Marble was checked out. The only fire really only came from Woodbury.

They have time to turn it around, but the odds are definitely not in their favor.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
DL817: "Burned out from a trip before the season started? LOL.....no"
At least one of their posters don't have his head up his arse. What a stupid excuse the others are making. Iowa is decent team but no better. They should just be happy that they will make the big dance after being away for so many years.

FG80

Sep 20, 2012

On the road for 5 days without returning home? When did that occur?

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
If anything theyre still benefitting from that trip. They seemed like a team that was ready to go early in the season, and its where they built all their hype that somehow still has them in the top 25

For the next four hours or so.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Mentally that is a spent team. I watched some of the game Saturday, and they didn't look engaged at all.

They have time to turn it around, but the odds are definitely not in their favor.

Did he shush the home crowd at some point?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids

What did he do, light match? There is no way you meant his play :jimlad: