Hilton floor is for sale

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The link mentions the current floor was installed 3 years ago. Would think a floor could last much longer. Would be curious if there is a reason for new floor- getting updated look, some type of Big12 initiative, floor has dead spots, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
"The new flooring is scheduled to be delivered on June 5, 2023. This flooring will be available for pick up anytime after June 1, 2023 and must be removed no later than June 15, 2023. Pickup times are Monday-Friday/8:00-3:30. *NO EXCEPTIONS*"

so were getting a new floor. interesting

JP just sent me these renderings

jY9vzOu222.png

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
We just replaced this one in 2020

Seems like a short time to have the court
Some places still have courts with old womens lines.

I think Kstate does.

Wonder if there is some new sponsor or something that they want to incorporate in the design?

I figured we would be getting a new Video board soon, but wondered if we would have to wait for all of this for the new upgrades to Hilton.

Maybe this is part of that? A sponsor jumped on board to pay for renos and is getting put on the floor?

A lot of guessing here, hope someone will get more info.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
From the bid looks like some warping issues with current floor

QuestionExpansion Joints-Are you looking for expansion joints built into the panels or without them?
AnswerWe would prefer them to be built in to the panels to avoid the issue we are currently having with regards to warping, but would be open to discussion.

• Winner
Reactions: cstrunk and aauummm

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
In one of the question responses below: "We would prefer them to be built in to the panels to avoid the issue we are currently having with regards to warping"

That might explain the replacement so soon
Yeah, that was the issue. Not sure how they fixed it through the year but know it was warped in sections.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
I guess maybe logistically it wouldn't work, but I can't understand why the university wouldn't either cut this into small sections and sell it themselves, or even sell the 335 individual pieces separately. I have to think this would be a big seller. I know I would buy a piece in a heart beat. Just seems like a good change to make a little money (I know in the grand scheme not much) and give a ton of fans a cool piece of ISU history (the bigger part of it).

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
I guess maybe logistically it wouldn't work, but I can't understand why the university wouldn't either cut this into sections and sell it themselves, or hire someone to do it and then sell the pieces at Cy's locker room. I have to think this would be a big seller. I know I would buy a piece in a heart beat. Just seems like a good change to make a little money (I know in the grand scheme not much) and give a ton of fans a cool piece of ISU history (the bigger part of it).
It seems they don't have the space to store, cute and store again. It's been said they think they could make more money, just don't have the space to keep it for a large period of time.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I guess maybe logistically it wouldn't work, but I can't understand why the university wouldn't either cut this into small sections and sell it themselves, or even sell the 335 individual pieces separately. I have to think this would be a big seller. I know I would buy a piece in a heart beat. Just seems like a good change to make a little money (I know in the grand scheme not much) and give a ton of fans a cool piece of ISU history (the bigger part of it).
Way to time consuming.