Hilton floor is for sale

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It seems they don't have the space to store, cute and store again. It's been said they think they could make more money, just don't have the space to keep it for a large period of time.

Also beyond that, if you can sell it for a chunk of money upfront, even if you can make more by selling it in pieces, you have to account for the costs to manage the inventory\sales of those pieces, and the time spent by whatever staff gets assigned to that duty. Easier just to let someone else figure out those logistics

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I don't have any hard evidence, but it seemed to me that there was a lot of non-contact slipping this season. It felt like in every home game, there were one or two plays where someone would turn the ball over because they lost their footing.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Does anyone have a link to the court being replaced in 2020 (other than the reference in the sale link posted in the OP)? I can only find things from when it was replaced in 2010 and resurfaced to the current design in 2014.

My wish, that I probably won't get, is that they go back to solid cardinal lanes. It's just never looked right to me since 2014 when they did the redesign.

Edit: found the link from when the floor was sold in 2020 https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?...=website&utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I guess maybe logistically it wouldn't work, but I can't understand why the university wouldn't either cut this into small sections and sell it themselves, or even sell the 335 individual pieces separately. I have to think this would be a big seller. I know I would buy a piece in a heart beat. Just seems like a good change to make a little money (I know in the grand scheme not much) and give a ton of fans a cool piece of ISU history (the bigger part of it).
OR what if the WeWill did that.....and resold it...BOOM.

Although...unfortunately the "history" for this time frame isn't tons of history for ISU bball.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020
I guess maybe logistically it wouldn't work, but I can't understand why the university wouldn't either cut this into small sections and sell it themselves, or even sell the 335 individual pieces separately. I have to think this would be a big seller. I know I would buy a piece in a heart beat. Just seems like a good change to make a little money (I know in the grand scheme not much) and give a ton of fans a cool piece of ISU history (the bigger part of it).

This was done in 2020 and I’m assuming everyone that wanted to buy has bought..

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Maybe they will mark the spot on the court where Jay Bowe famously forgot his shoes or where Randy was trampled and broke his leg.

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Maybe the We Will Collective could buy this and re-sell individual pieces using the "profit" for players.
At the WeWill/CF signing day thing they had pieces of the 10-20 floor for auction with a signed ball and floor tickets to a game, I proudly have a piece of that floor in my living room thanks to that event.

Reactions: brentblum and NWICY

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
The athletic department hasn't done anything non-traditional with the floor before, I fully expect a very low key design but would be pumped if there was a state of Iowa outline/shape involved with the half court logo or something similar.