Not open for further replies.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Because this appears to be a never-ending story, I decided yesterday (Tuesday) that instead of one or two HUGE Fred Hoiberg/NBA watch threads on the forums, I will post a new one every night for the next day that is led off with any new tidbits that we learned from the day before. I’ll often include what I’m hearing behind the scenes as well. The hope is for this to keep the board more organized during a tumultuous time.

Latest news/rumors…

--- Andy Katz (ESPN) mentioned Tim Floyd as a possible replacement to Hoiberg should he leave. I don’t buy it.

--- Something I did hear from a pretty decent source on Tuesday: "Don’t sleep on Jeff Hornacek." The former Cyclone/current head coach of the Phoenix Suns only has one year left on his current contract and my source said that the Hornacek camp believes he might be fired after it.

--- A lot of you keep asking about a timeline. I’ve heard for a good week now that June 1 was a target date for the Bulls to fire Thibs. Behind the scenes, it sounds like that timeline is still in tact but could be sped up just a tad. “Things are picking up on the Bulls front,†one source told me on Tuesday. As far as that Bulls ball dropping, it could be any day but my guess is Thursday or Friday of this week. If it were solely up to the Bulls, it sounds like they’d take as long as possible just to mess with Thibs next season. Yes, there is that much animosity between the two sides. However I do think that Chicago feels like it needs to pick up the pace if it wants to land Hoiberg. The longer this goes on, the more other NBA teams have a chance to get in his ear. Of course, Iowa State is still a very viable option too.

LINKS

---
Randy Peterson from the Des Moines Register predicts how this all will go down.

--- I wrote a mailbag and answered your questions about this situation along with other topics relevant to Iowa State athletics.

--- My response to the Tim Floyd rumor.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Not enough ****** to be an official thread. Also not midnight. You also aren't rulzzz. Begining boycott.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Great post, Chris! I think the only thing that I would add as a supplement is that the Hornacek angle seems to be promoted from both sides, which is very intriguing. Another statement about things ramping up - on Sunday I had put in a request to have a three day weekend coming up if that shows my prediction as to when things will start to come together.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks Chris! Liking the Hornacek tidbit. He's still my number one choice if Fred leaves.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Chris,
Do you have any insight to the comments/rumors that relations between Hornacek are tepid at best or Hornacek has seemed ambivalent towards his alma mater?

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I'd love a Hornacek/TJ combo. And then when Hornacek jumps back to the NBA after a few years of success, hand TJ the reigns. Would be a home run hire to land a sitting NBA coach who has exceeded expectations in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron