House of the Dragon

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I probably need to back through and rewatch the entire series. I might be letting the internet dictate my opinions rather than remembering what my own were.

I am on the episode where they start fighting the Night King at Winterfell. I'll watch a couple tonight and finish tomorrow.

Arya is my favorite character in anything I've watched. I'd love to see a sequel of what she is up to now.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I honestly don't have a problem with the final seasons of GoT.
Agreed. Yes, it felt a little rushed and as a fan I wish they would have done twice as many episodes. I couldn't get enough. But what they did deliver wasn't bad. Maybe not as good as earlier seasons, but still good.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Agreed. Yes, it felt a little rushed and as a fan I wish they would have done twice as many episodes. I couldn't get enough. But what they did deliver wasn't bad. Maybe not as good as earlier seasons, but still good.

It wasn't as much that they needed more episodes, but they spent too much time on filler material earlier in the season to build up to the finale. The entire series was about the coming of winter and the white walkers, yet that final battle was just so short. I understand that filming battle scenes is expensive, but you can't avoid them in a series like this.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Here I thought it was a lost Bruce Lee movie. He has like four movies with Dragon in the movie title.;)

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Wonder if it's a slight change in philosophies at HBO? I think the latest season of Westworld (which I'm struggling through) hasn't had any which is a change from the opening seasons.

I'll fall into the hopeful but afraid of being hurt camp of GoT. Still amazes me just how badly they f'd up that last season. Took a literal world wide TV viewing event and turned it into a bunch of memes.
We loved this season of Westworld. Second best behind season one easily.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Long ago fan of the books, the series was great but really fell apart after they ran past the books. There were some decent moments.

Hope this series can strike what the first few seasons of GoT had going. A lot of dragons in the preview, which I understand to be very expensive.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Reactions: CloniesForLife

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Luckily this is based on a book with a definitive ending and not an incomplete series. So there is some hope.
Well, kinda.

There are apparently four seasons of House of the Dragon, which are based on the Dance of the Dragons, which is one part of Fire and Blood, which still has one volume left to be published.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Welp, it's about go time. Seen some reviews that have been pretty positive so hopefully that will be the case.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Finished pretty strong. Good touch bringing the GoT theme music in at the end. It's a first episode, so not going to be anything groundbreaking. I was a little disappointed in Matt Smith's acting as Daemon because I love him in almost everything he does. He seemed a little cartoonish, but all in all, I'm pumped. I love these stories, and it's a shame some people (aka toxic Twitter) go out of their way to **** on this show without giving it a shot because they think it makes them look cool. But for the most part, seems like people enjoyed it.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
That gets an A+ from us for a first episode. But I missed the news articles that they do a time jump this season which is kind of a bummer. I like the young actresses in this episode but all for not…

In trailers you see the young queen heir but then another blonde that looks like her and in the ‘coming this season’ we see her more and we were like wait who is that? So we looked up IMDB and yup right there you see two actresses playing Rhaenryra and two playing Alicient and there are articles saying they do similar time jump as The Crown.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
That gets an A+ from us for a first episode. But I missed the news articles that they do a time jump this season which is kind of a bummer. I like the young actresses in this episode but all for not…

In trailers you see the young queen heir but then another blonde that looks like her and in the ‘coming this season’ we see her more and we were like wait who is that? So we looked up IMDB and yup right there you see two actresses playing Rhaenryra and two playing Alicient and there are articles saying they do similar time jump as The Crown.
Could ya quit with the spoilers?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Could ya quit with the spoilers?
Lol how is it spoilers when there are published articles on it before the season even started. If I would have posted an article last week saying ‘didn’t know there was a time jump’ you’d not be having a ‘spoiler’ fit.

There are literally many articles about this from July.

• Agree
Reactions: SolarGarlic

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Yeah i was hoping we'd get a full season of young Rhaenyra. She owns pretty much all of her scenes.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone