Housing market

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I am saying charge a flat fee of maybe $5K-$10K as long as the work is comparable regardless of if the house is $100K or $500K.
Been around a long time, not very popular for whatever reason.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just wish realtors would stop the BS practice of charging the same % commission regardless of if they sell a $100K house or $500K house while basically doing the same amount of work.
Well, negotiate with them. You can do that.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Whoa! Then people don't have to pay for the service, but are still not happy when they choose to use the service?

Sounds about right.
Some people think if a buyer uses an agent and buys a private house that the seller has to pay the agent. Nope. Only if the seller agrees to it.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Well, negotiate with them. You can do that.
I just feel it’s dishonest to ask for different amount of money for the same amount of work just because of the house value.

Most buyers just take it cause they don’t know any better and it feels like realtors know this and wouldn’t even bother negotiating it cause there is plenty sheep around.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I just feel it’s dishonest to ask for different amount of money for the same amount of work just because of the house value.

Most buyers just take it cause they don’t know any better and it feels like realtors know this and wouldn’t even bother negotiating it cause there is plenty sheep around.
It happens more than people know. Tell the agent you are shopping for one and looking for X percentage. Or tell them you will give an exclusive listing for 4.5 instead of 6 percent. Most agents push their own stuff heavier than others.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
It happens more than people know. Tell the agent you are shopping for one and looking for X percentage. Or tell them you will give an exclusive listing for 4.5 instead of 6 percent. Most agents push their own stuff heavier than others.
What would you consider a reasonable amount to pay realtor to sell any house valued $100K-$500K?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What would you consider a reasonable amount to pay realtor to sell any house valued $100K-$500K?
6% for 100k. 5% at 200k. 4% for 400k get to 750-1MM (somewhere in there) you should be 3%. That’s my thoughts of where they should be. I know some realtors do agree to cuts at certain levels.

Now if they stage the house and do other stuff, maybe a little more.

I’m now kinda screwed because one of my wife’s best friends is a realtor so I’m tied to her and can’t really budge her much since she knows I can’t go elsewhere since a divorce would cost me more.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
6% for 100k. 5% at 200k. 4% for 400k get to 750-1MM (somewhere in there) you should be 3%. That’s my thoughts of where they should be. I know some realtors do agree to cuts at certain levels.

Now if they stage the house and do other stuff, maybe a little more.

I’m now kinda screwed because one of my wife’s best friends is a realtor so I’m tied to her and can’t really budge her much since she knows I can’t go elsewhere since a divorce would cost me more.

The best friends are the ones who hold you over a barrel during business transactions

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron