How many scholarships does TJ have left to give for next year?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Just wondering how many more guys he can bring into next years class. He has a lot of departures and is a couple guys short right now.

CyCal

Apr 22, 2014
We have two scholarships open for this season (after King joined the team), with three freshman signed for next year. Due to covid and the extra year of eligibility, all four of our seniors will have the option of coming back next year but we would only have three scholarships for them if everybody else comes back. If one senior moves on our scholarships would be full. If two seniors move on we would have one open... if all four seniors leave as usual we would still have three scholarships open.

Obviously there could also be some attrition from the underclassmen which would open up more schollys.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Just wondering how many more guys he can bring into next years class. He has a lot of departures and is a couple guys short right now.
If all of the 4 seniors take the covid year, he has -1 scholarships left and will need a departure. If none of the seniors take it, he can pick up three more recruits/transfers.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
We have two scholarships open for this season (after King joined the team).

We have no open scholarships for this season. Both Hinson and Foster departed after the school year started, so their scholarships are burned

• Haha
Reactions: WhoISthis

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Estimates are we are technically full for next season. Currently have 10, Brockington is considered the only senior not coming back, 3 HS and one transfer coming in.

My guess is one more will open up.

Jkclone15

Nov 19, 2017
Idk, I could see Walker back under the right circumstances. Assuming Brockington is the only senior to leave Grill probably gets his spot. Then Walker has to beat out the freshmen for Grill's spot. It's also possible if Tre King is good Enaruna would see more time at the 3 which would give him more competition so that doesn't help, but I do see a path for him if he's willing to fight for a 7th man role.

davehon

Apr 4, 2015
I would love to Jaden earn some minutes next year and contribute, I was excited when we signed him but he has along ways to go...would be a cool story if he sticks and plays but I don't see that happening

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
We have two scholarships open for this season (after King joined the team), with three freshman signed for next year. Due to covid and the extra year of eligibility, all four of our seniors will have the option of coming back next year but we would only have three scholarships for them if everybody else comes back. If one senior moves on our scholarships would be full. If two seniors move on we would have one open... if all four seniors leave as usual we would still have three scholarships open.

Obviously there could also be some attrition from the underclassmen which would open up more schollys.

Thanks for the response. So, basically the number of scholarships really depends on the number of seniors that want to come back for their Covid year. TJ probably has a pretty good handle on that by now. I wasn't sure if all the guys were eligible for the extra year. It would be nice if 3 of them came back, so the team would have to rely on freshmen.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So is this Brockington‘s COVID year? I thought he was a senior but the consensus here seems to be he cam doesn’t have another year. Would love to see him come back another year. He’s a baller

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
So is this Brockington‘s COVID year? I thought he was a senior but the consensus here seems to be he cam doesn’t have another year. Would love to see him come back another year. He’s a baller
He would be eligible to return next year but all the "insider" talk is that he will not use his extra year and seek to play professionally.

MTCyclone43

Feb 22, 2016
He would be eligible to return next year but all the "insider" talk is that he will not use his extra year and seek to play professionally.
He has enough skill to get a look; however, he would need to pursue the path Gary Payton II took to get into the league. I see many similarities in there game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He does but he's already a 5th year guy.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
He has enough skill to get a look; however, he would need to pursue the path Gary Payton II took to get into the league. I see many similarities in there game.

After this season so far, it’s not like staying another year would improve his NBA stock - just make him another year older. He’s probably undersized, but his athleticism could offset that a bit. If he doesn’t want to toil in G-League, there will definitely be money to be had overseas.