how much do coaches make

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Heck, Baylor even has radio play-by-play of each VB game. I listened to a few of them streamed over the internet this year because my daughter's friend is their setter.

No question it would be nice to have, but CSP/Learfield would have to put the effort into it. It can't just be done unilaterally, because of the multimedia contract.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
One of the things not to forget is that CJL and Joe, when they came here, were both paid coaches.

I can't remember the time (IIRC, around the birth of their first child), but CJL's salary was bumped up some with a new contract, and Joe went to a volunteer coaching position. I have no evidence to support this thought, but I seem to remember thinking that it meant they gave up some combined income at the time.

Not entirely sure, but I think this was something to do with them then being able to bring on another assistant coach with salary (CJL and Joe's choice). So they always bump CJL's salary with that in mind - which after this season, I think they should.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I am still depressed about losing last night and now this thread is depressing me even more. But for an astonishing number of errors, we would be Final Four bound. Now I have to worry if we can keep our coach? I kind of thought she was a lock here with what she is building but if other schools can double her salary I could see us go the way of gymnastics.

:sad:

We need to get more people out to see these teams. I went to my first match a few years back when ISU was playing in town and this is an awesome spectator sport but I couldn't get any of my sports guys to go with me last night. They are losing out and so is the team.

I watched our team for the first time yesterday. I had always wanted to but I just never got around to it. I thought it was very entertaining. I couldn't believe how fast the game moved. It was loaded with action and I'll definitely be a follower from here on out. Like you said, more people just need to get a glimpse of this.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
IMO, the current status of the volleyball program is comparable to the early years of the WBB after BF came. Continuing the success and the wonderful job coach CLJ has done, I'm looking for the growth (game attendance) curve to be similar to the growth in WBB attendance. Coach CLJ is doing a wonderful, very professional job - the best unheralded success program going!!!!!!!!