How would Shonn Greene do in the Big 12?

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Oddity #2: The Big Ten is trashed as a conference, based primarily on tOSU's two blow out losses in the BCS Championship game, regardless of the fact tOSU has won all its other BCS matchups. Oklahoma, on the other hand, lost the Fiesta Bowl last year to WV, 48-28; in 2006, they lost the Fiesta to Boise State, 43-42; in 2005, they lost their two big matchups 41-24 to UCLA and 45-12 to Texas; in 2004, they lost the BCS championship to USC, 55-19; and in 2003, they lost the Big 12 Championship to K-State, 35-7, still made it to the big game, only to get beat 14-7. Yet, Ohio State and the Big Ten get the rap. Odd?

No, it's not odd. You are talking about the Big 12 vs. the Big 10 but you are comparing Ohio State vs. Oklahoma. There are other teams in both conferences. For example in the time frame you are talking about:

2007 Big 12, Kansas won, Oklahoma lost. Big 10: Illinois lost, Ohio State lost, both in humiliating blowouts

2006 Big 12: Oklahoma lost. Big 10: Ohio State lost, Michigan lost, both in humiliating blowouts

2005: Big 12: Texas won (national champion). Big 10: Penn State won, Ohio State won

2004: Big 12: Texas won, Oklahoma lost. Big 10: Michigan lost.

Both conferences have had some success and some failure in BCS bowls. The big difference is that the Big 10 has gone 0-4 in their last 4 BCS games, and all four games have been jokes. The conference is no longer competitive with the top teams from other conferences.

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
No, it's not odd. You are talking about the Big 12 vs. the Big 10 but you are comparing Ohio State vs. Oklahoma. There are other teams in both conferences. For example in the time frame you are talking about:

2007 Big 12, Kansas won, Oklahoma lost. Big 10: Illinois lost, Ohio State lost, both in humiliating blowouts

2006 Big 12: Oklahoma lost. Big 10: Ohio State lost, Michigan lost, both in humiliating blowouts

2005: Big 12: Texas won (national champion). Big 10: Penn State won, Ohio State won

Both conferences have had some success and some failure in BCS bowls. The big difference is that the Big 10 has gone 0-4 in their last 4 BCS games, and all four games have been jokes. The conference is no longer competitive with the top teams from other conferences.

So Michigan kicking Florida's *** last year was left off the list. I guess Florida isnt one of the top teams in the SEC.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You're listening to that show? That's kinda like not only getting caught picking your nose, but eating your boogers as well. Hawkeye homoism at it's best. Oh, I meant homerism.:wink:

Oh and how Greene would do in the Big 12. I'm not totally sure, but I am sure he would still have enough evidence against him to be arrested for impersonating a Mack truck in a football uniform.

Or, in the case of my workplace, getting caught picking your nose and using that to decorate the wall by the urinal. Yeah, we get to talk about that in our meetings at work:no:

I think he'd be OK. SouthernHawk has a decent point here with the idea of controlling the clock. If our line had nto had the injury problems throughout the year, and played better, this might be more of how we'd be playing. Obviously, this would be good for the defense.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Our BCS teams do well, as long as they aren't named Oklahoma.

I still think it's a good idea to pit Ohio State vs. Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl every year. That way, either OSU's BCS troubles fade, or Oklahoma's Fiesta Bowl troubles fade. I'd be fine with making this a bonus BCS game, so these two don't steal someone else's spot.

And this keeps OSU out of the national title game, which is a place where they just don't belong.

LifetimeHawk

May 21, 2008

It looks like the Big 12 is 1-2 in BCS games the past 2 years with the 1 win coming over VT which is quite a bit different than playing USC in the Rose Bowl. I don't think Illinois belonged in that game, but I seriously doubt Kansas would have fared any better. Also, the two losses by Oklahoma were to a mid major Boise State and a 20 point thumping at the hands of a WVU team that had just lost their head coach.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
So Michigan kicking Florida's *** last year was left off the list. I guess Florida isnt one of the top teams in the SEC.

He was talking about BCS bowls. If you want to go further I suppose you could analyze the conferences down to Texas Tech kicking Minnesota's *** in the Insight.Com bowl, but what's the point? The Big 10 is going to win a bowl game or two every year but in most of the recent big showdowns, like the NC game and Rose Bowl, they have lost in humiliating fashion.

troyrew

Apr 19, 2006
Las Vegas
The Big 10 and Big 12 have very few major wins outside of conference play

What are their best wins?

Oklahoma blowing out TCU and Penn State killing Oregon State?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The Big 10 and Big 12 have very few major wins outside of conference play

What are their best wins?

Oklahoma blowing out TCU and Penn State killing Oregon State?

My guess is Missouri beating #20 (at the time) Illinois would classify...

troyrew

Apr 19, 2006
Las Vegas
Colorado beat a bad West virginia
Missouri beat a down Illinois
Wisc beat Fresno St
Mich St beat Notre Dame
Okie State Beat houston
Oklahoma beat cincy

Not a whole lot Oklahoma has the best body of work

Latest posts

Help Support Us