Hunter Dekkers' Season

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hopefully at some point he has at least a decent run game to work with along with more layers of receivers.

And then hopefully the coaching staff has it in them to let him roll out and just play some football.

Reactions: clonedude

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Dekkers has been solid, I'd give him B-/C+ grade so far this year.

I don't give him much of a break for this being his first season as starter, since this is his 3rd year on the team. He has the raw talent, he just needs coaching to refine/perfect his game (accuracy, read progression, throwing motion & footwork).

I expect to see a different quarterback next fall.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The original Batwoman,...Yvonne Craig.

View attachment 105110

erection-boing.gif

Reactions: madguy30

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I still think he's gonna be the best QB we've ever had. The guy doesn't have near the recievers Purdy had either. Dekkers would be better if he had a Charlie Kolar type TE.
That would be great, but then you’ll never see Kohl stick around. He’s already had six figure NIL offers to decommit (don’t currently see him doing so) and he’s too good to sit the bench more than a year.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
That would be great, but then you’ll never see Kohl stick around. He’s already had six figure NIL offers to decommit (don’t currently see him doing so) and he’s too good to sit the bench more than a year.
How could you possibly know he's that good if he hasn't even arrived on campus? Plenty of guys disappoint.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
How could you possibly know he's that good if he hasn't even arrived on campus? Plenty of guys disappoint.
Sorry, as a prospect he’s elite. Obviously that could turn out about as well as Clemson‘s QB (not even going to attempt to spell his last name).

• Optimistic
Reactions: clonedude

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Sorry, as a prospect he’s elite. Obviously that could turn out about as well as Clemson‘s QB (not even going to attempt to spell his last name).
You dont think the kid can wait until his hypothetical RS sophomore year at ISU to play? What bigger program is he gonna see the field sooner at?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You dont think the kid can wait until his hypothetical RS sophomore year at ISU to play? What bigger program is he gonna see the field sooner at?
With NIL it doesn’t even have to be a bigger program to have a lot of cash available. I just don’t see him sitting until basically his junior year. Could absolutely be wrong but he’s had a LOT of interest over the past few months from other programs - including SEC top half schools.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
With NIL it doesn’t even have to be a bigger program to have a lot of cash available. I just don’t see him sitting until basically his junior year. Could absolutely be wrong but he’s had a LOT of interest over the past few months from other programs - including SEC top half schools.
You follow the NIL deals and this stuff way more than me. Is the money he is being offered by Auburn similar to what they are offering other QB's, is he their top target, and do SEC schools have the money to pay backups what schools like ISU and K-State could pay starters? It's gonna be interesting to see how the conflict between money and playing time shakes out. There are gonna be some good players buried on depth charts just collecting money.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
You follow the NIL deals and this stuff way more than me. Is the money he is being offered by Auburn similar to what they are offering other QB's, is he their top target, and do SEC schools have the money to pay backups what schools like ISU and K-State could pay starters? It's gonna be interesting to see how the conflict between money and playing time shakes out. There are gonna be some good players buried on depth charts just collecting money.

There has always been good players buried on depth charts at the top programs. Free education, fun times/experiences on a winning program and now the prospect of legal, significant cash to do that? Lot of kids will sign up for that.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric