Hy-Vee Urbandale Beer Sale

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Before some of the microbreweries started popping up, Bud Light was the beer that a lot of beer snobs used to drink. Luckily, we have made a lot of progress since then.
When was this exactly? I've been drinking beer for 30+ years and I don't remember a point when Bud Light was considered a beer for beer snobs. Maybe compared to Rhinelander

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Are you implying that you think they’d be selling that far outdated beer?
Absolutely. The east Ames Hyvee will have pallets of stuff the distributor is trying to get rid of and sell it for cheap. Last year I saw them put a pallet of Shiner Cheer in May and were selling it for like $5 a six pack, and have seen stuff as far out as a year and a half passed the best buy date.

Reactions: CyDude16

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Absolutely. The east Ames Hyvee will have pallets of stuff the distributor is trying to get rid of and sell it for cheap. Last year I saw them put a pallet of Shiner Cheer in May and were selling it for like $5 a six pack, and have seen stuff as far out as a year and a half passed the best buy date.

Fair enough, says a lot about those stores.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
When was this exactly? I've been drinking beer for 30+ years and I don't remember a point when Bud Light was considered a beer for beer snobs. Maybe compared to Rhinelander
I would say 20+ years ago and more of domestic beer snobs because craft beer wasn't quite as mainstream.

• Disagree
Reactions: mynameisjonas

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Not too long ago I picked up some 6 month old Crankin’ Foamers from Fair State at the Urbandale HyVee. It was something like $5 a 12pk and tasted just fine, plenty of carb left. Some beers have a pretty long shelf life.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

We drank Bud Light in college for special occasions. Much more expensive than Busch Light, Old Milwaukee, etc :jimlad:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What are you talking about? Grain Belt, Red, White, and Blue, the Beast, and Old Style back in the late 80’s we’re the beers the girls wanted to drink at floor parties.;)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Stocked up on some of my preferred craft beers today. Funny how you can get some of these for less than they are selling a 24 pack of Bud Light right now.

Reactions: cyfan21

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

We can talk **** about Budweiser Light all we want, but let's not sully the solid reputation of Rhinelander!

It's RHINO TIME!

Help Support Us

Become a patron