I believe in magic

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Ok, I'm just going to vent here since we were talking about being divorced with kids.

I just got a text from a girl I just started dating saying that me having kids was too much pressure for her. WTF? I wasn't asking you to adopt them or anything.

I care about my kids. Eff me right?

I would go with "eff her right?"

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I don't want to be the sour **** but I have a point here.

my wife's dad got divorced and his ex-wife spent money like no tomorrow, was an alcoholic, and in general had some big demons. The daughter that was oldest when they got divorced has the exact same problems as her mother - she is 35, divorced, broke, and has two teenagers she can't afford. The two younger children (my wife included) who did not experience much of the fighting are both married with good partners, jobs, and are of good character.

My parents have been married for 44 years and I've never seen them fight so that is my impression of marriage. My point is I think kids pick up what they see and not what they are told. Why is the one kid who was around carelessness the most screwed up? There is a direct reason for that. A friend got divorced and I was the only one who told him "congratulations". He was serious when he said thanks, it's a burden now off my shoulders. I can't imagine what some of you are going through but best of luck and always know God has a plan.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I don't want to be the sour **** but I have a point here.

my wife's dad got divorced and his ex-wife spent money like no tomorrow, was an alcoholic, and in general had some big demons. The daughter that was oldest when they got divorced has the exact same problems as her mother - she is 35, divorced, broke, and has two teenagers she can't afford. The two younger children (my wife included) who did not experience much of the fighting are both married with good partners, jobs, and are of good character.

My parents have been married for 44 years and I've never seen them fight so that is my impression of marriage. My point is I think kids pick up what they see and not what they are told. Why is the one kid who was around carelessness the most screwed up? There is a direct reason for that. A friend got divorced and I was the only one who told him "congratulations". He was serious when he said thanks, it's a burden now off my shoulders. I can't imagine what some of you are going through but best of luck and always know God has a plan.

Did your wife end up going to Nashville?

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
It is getting messy now. I have been studying about 25 hours of realty per week (state exam tomorrow) and 10 hours of law per week. After tomorrow, I'll study 20 hours of law per week. The war is here, and to be honest, I'm kinda enjoying this. Everything to gain, nothing to lose. I believe in magic.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
It is getting messy now. I have been studying about 25 hours of realty per week (state exam tomorrow) and 10 hours of law per week. After tomorrow, I'll study 20 hours of law per week. The war is here, and to be honest, I'm kinda enjoying this. Everything to gain, nothing to lose. I believe in magic.

Looks like you picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Well good luck Yoda....we're all counting on you.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I'm sorry it's been contentious. I hope that she isn't saying anything at all negative to the kids, I find that to be pretty despicable. I hope everything works out for all of you.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Begun this war has; enjoying this I am. Everything to gain, nothing to lose. Believe in the Force I do.

th

FIFY.

Sorry, man- couldn't resist. Maybe if you get a chuckle out of this I will have done my job. I always use humor to deal with tough situations.