I love watching deion sanders lose

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
They've actually been improving; they just started playing good teams nearly every week vs. the early schedule.

He screwed up not recruiting very well to the trenches.

I really don't see a whole lot about him any more. Media etc. maybe backed off when they realized they were putting this much energy into an average football team.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
They've actually been improving; they just started playing good teams nearly every week vs. the early schedule.

He screwed up not recruiting very well to the trenches.

I really don't see a whole lot about him any more. Media etc. maybe backed off when they realized they were putting this much energy into an average football team.

yep, a few studs can dominate in the SWAC... gotta have linemen with the big boys

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
The obsession with him is so weird.

I have a running theory that most people who hate him are people who watches/listens to sports tv/radio all day.
I don't even have cable. I'm just too hung over to sleep so here I am. On Sunday mornings I check all the scores from the games that happened while I was in bed so here I am.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
yep, a few studs can dominate in the SWAC... gotta have linemen with the big boys

Their offense is fun to watch with those guys although it looks like they're undersized overall. The offense is 'entertaining' so people tune in. Deion knows how to advertise.

He gets wore out but Travis Hunter's fun to watch too and I've enjoyed some interviews I've seen of him. Dude was rocking dino-jamas. Respect.

• Dumb
Reactions: irish

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
This. The media went way overboard with the hype of a team that won 1 game last year (even if a different staff) so they made Deion an easy person to root against. If Deion gets things going for Colorado and sticks around it only helps the Big 12 IMHO.
Deion makes himself an easy person to root against. The media suckfest Def fanned the flames early on though for sure. They gave a mediocre team more air time than any legit title contender.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
“Okay, so we’re up by 17, an extra point makes it only 18 so 2 TDs plus two 2-point conversions plus a field goal means we lose the lead … better try to make it 19 so they have to get three TDs. Oh, I’m such a math genius!”
Oof, that happened? I didn't actually watch the game, just saw the score. I guess my thread title should have said "I love seeing deion lose in the box score on Sunday mornings"

• Haha
  • Funny
Reactions: 2020cy and NWICY

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I probably don't dislike him as much as I dislike his self-aggrandizement, but it's hard to separate the two. In private, he might be a wonderful person, but he doesn't appear that way when he talks.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
I probably don't dislike him as much as I dislike his self-aggrandizement, but it's hard to separate the two. In private, he might be a wonderful person, but he doesn't appear that way when he talks.

A true servent of the lord.

• Haha
Reactions: irish

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I actually am impartial to Deion. I don’t mind him but I don’t love him either. I think he’s good for college football from an interest standpoint because he’s not just boring coach speak.

You need polarizing people when this is ultimately an entertainment process.

Reactions: Letterkenny

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I started the season really hating him, but that really wasn’t his doing as much as the medias’ overboard coverage of him. It was really similar to how I hated Duke all those years because ESPN could stop fawning over everything they do. But as the season has gone on and the coverage has been more appropriate for what he’s doing, I don’t mind him so much. CFB needs those big personalities. If all the coaches were like Saban or Ferentz that would be no fun at all. In the end, he’s good for the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron