I need to start going to gymnastics meets...

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Would some of the ladies on the board like to have a good conversation about some of the male athletes? Cory Johnson, anyone?

I swear it turns into a locker room around here sometimes.

Well, some time ago there was a thread started about whether Chizik was the Big 12's most attractive head coach, and was responded to mostly (if not entirely) by men, so I don't see why we couldn't also start a new thread about "who is your biggest ISU athlete mancrush".

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Well, some time ago there was a thread started about whether Chizik was the Big 12's most attractive head coach, and was responded to mostly (if not entirely) by men, so I don't see why we couldn't also start a new thread about "who is your biggest ISU athlete mancrush".

Why not start a topic on what female athlete is most attractive??

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny

Can we include Pollard?? If so, winner hands down!!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I think you're right - I don't think any women at all posted in there!

(I *heart* Wesley Johnson.)

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
On a side note my place of employment has a former ISU dance team girl going to be starting in Jan.

All I have to say to that is NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This could be a good or bad thing. A few always seem to be a little "corn fed" if you know what I mean...:eek: I still think the Texas and Oklahoma teams usually have the best looking dance and cheerleaders.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
During my time at ISU, I didn't know any gymnasts or pom squad girls, nor ever lived next to any, nor ever dated any, nor ever married any, nor did any of them ever have their way with me...I feel so left out and empty...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Sadly but at 26 I feel like a dirty old man looking at those pics. Plus, I have to keep them away from the fiance so she doesn't start questioning me.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
I have a gymnastics question that maybe somebody can help me with. Will Shawn Johnson from West Des Moines just go and do the Olympics and other events that would make her a professional? I assume that the Olympic gymnasts don't do college but I wasn't sure. It would be nice if she could go to ISU and win everything in a couple of years.

I thought Shannon Miller went to U of Oklahoma after the USA won the gold medal. Maybe she was not out for gymnastics.

jamesfnb

Apr 9, 2006
I thought Shannon Miller went to U of Oklahoma after the USA won the gold medal. Maybe she was not out for gymnastics.

Shawn Johnson "turned pro" and accepted sponsors money. I think this is why she cannot compete in the NCAA. Similar to the Lucca situation, well not really but you know what I mean. If an athlete competed in the olympics but didn't accept any sponsor money, then I think they can compete in college.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I'm friends with lots of cheerleaders and dancers, and even a few gymnasts and softball players, but holy crap, guys- have any of you ever gone to a gymnastics meet (or national cheer/dance competition, for that matter) just to watch a Cyclone team compete, rather than ogling young women? If not, I highly recommend it. If you can get past the shiny uniforms, we put out a DAMN good gymnastics team on a consistent basis. Hell, we were in the Super Six two years ago! I'm a huge wrestling fan and an even bigger football addict, but I maintain that volleyball and gymnastics are the two best spectator sports this university has to offer. (No spandex-shorts comments, k thx.) Both have lots going on at all times, with little to no dead time. Especially in gymnastics, you get to see a wide variety of things, even within a single event, and the floor exercises are basically my favorite thing to watch in all of collegiate athletics. On top of that, meets are cheap as dirt- you can bring the whole family for next to nothing. I'm telling you, make it out to the first meet- you'll be hooked for the rest of the season like I was. You'll be seeing me at every meet this year!

[/rant]

PolkCityClone

Mar 24, 2006
What a group of pervs. These women are some Daddy's little girl and what if that was your daughter?

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
I would probably know the same is being said about her that I have said in the past.(Most likely every male has made comments similar to these one time or another.) Not saying that it is right but just smart enough to know that it will happen. Otherwise how else would she have ever been conceived? Those same thoughts that little Billy is having when he takes her to the prom are the same ones that I had that brought her into this world.

Now a disclaimer, I don't have a daughter but I also don't think it is bad when people comment on an attractive female. I haven't read anything disrespectful and I think that our moderators do a good enough job to get rid of something that would be considered so. If the world ever gets to a point where I can't point out a female being attractive well that is just a world I don't want to live in. :smile:

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
If people don't like these types of threads, don't read them. I don't bother with the political garbage here because I find it boring. There's been no inappropriate comments in here. I find it amazing how people complain all the time when all they have to do is leave the thread and move on.