I Say Keep PR!

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
With all the Fire the coach threads, I want to hear some arguments to keep him. Besides the money factor!

Here are a couple to get started.

1. Mangino-I think this was a genius hire but he needs more time. Fire coach and he is gone also.

2. The Freshman-I think at one point yesterday there were 9 Freshman playing key positions. Thats crazy. Our team is super young and they look like it right now. But we do have some very talented young guys.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
If CPR can turn this thing around, and I am hoping he does, he will deserve a lot of credit. In my opinion, he needs to create some excitement for the players. We have the south endzone coming get some new uniforms, a new theme song, anything to change the atmosphere around Jack Trice Stadium. They have been awful at home. Those changes may only be cosmetic, but it will show us that there is something changing, whether or not Paul can admit that to himself we will see.

Of course, the real change needs to be personnel. The identification and development of BIg 12 impact players.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Unfortunately, you are going to get trashed for even considering keeping CPR and saying it publicly.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
After the iowa game you should be able to get free tickets to the remaining games, so we got that going for us...

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008
10. He's friends with Pollard, Hoiberg, Walters and everyone who's relevant in Ames athletic circles
9. He got Lazard
8. He beat the number 2 team in the country this one time
7. He beats Iowa frequently enough
6. Auburn isn't going to make him their HC
5. A couple of his former players love him
4. His son went to prom with Fred's daughter
3. He says he is so proud to be our coach
2. He's Iowan
1. His speeches

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I'm with the OP -> keep CPR for one more year and look for improvement in all the freshmen / redshirts. I think we will see a HUGE improvement next year.

IASTATE4LIFE

Apr 22, 2010
I think at Iowa State you are allowed to have a couple bad seasons. Lets face it, we are not a good football program. Our good years we win 6-8 games. Our bad years we are only going to win 1-3 games. It is the same as a good program that in good years wins 10-12 games and in bad years wins 5-7. Usually teams have down cycles. We are in one right now. I think you have to allow him the chance to come out of the cycle before you fire him.

bigdaddykane

Mar 3, 2014
I'm with the OP -> keep CPR for one more year and look for improvement in all the freshmen / redshirts. I think we will see a HUGE improvement next year.
How much are you willing to beat on this.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Not a Paul apologist at all, but for Paul or ANY coach to be successful here, this is what I think needs to happen......

1. I used to brag that we didn't make a bowl, but it was because we played a top 10 SOS every year. Now I think it is hurting us. Pay off the teams that are good and put more 'red headed stepsisters of the poor' teams on schedule. We need sure wins(hopefully) and more practices labeled as wins. And no, I don't mean Iowa as they have been helping our W's more than they have hurt it.

2. Get the Big 12 to add at least two more teams so we get divisions which hopefully gives us one more patzy out of conference foe and another win. Most conferences with divisions have 4 out of conference games instead of 3 like us.

Tough schedules like we play cause way too many injuries and beat up our confidence. Top 10 SOS's can go to hell in my opinion. It might be a cop-out, but better schedules lead to more confidence which leads to better playing which leads to more wins which leads to better recruiting which leads to more wins which leads to this site being a heck of a lot funner to go to than the ***** fest it is right now.

Now go ahead and bash to heck out of me because I want to lower the bar and I don't have a win attitude all you want. Some of the idiots that will bash this are the same idiots that say Sam Richardson is why we lost yesterday.

But by all means, bash away.........:rolleyes:

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I think at Iowa State you are allowed to have a couple bad seasons. Lets face it, we are not a good football program. Our good years we win 6-8 games. Our bad years we are only going to win 1-3 games. It is the same as a good program that in good years wins 10-12 games and in bad years wins 5-7. Usually teams have down cycles. We are in one right now. I think you have to allow him the chance to come out of the cycle before you fire him.

There are no up cycles with this level of coaching and decesion making. The valleys and peaks will both be a couple wins less than what a good coach would have.