I was pissed and I’m hurting

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Really? You have people on one of these threads calling for the volunteer coaches’ son to go at 197. Which would be nepotism since he lost the tryout.
Me! I am calling for Nando at 97. He beat of ranked kid with TD's and grit compared to beating as slappy from Davidson with a jr high level headlock. I've seen enough over the last 4 yrs and want something different, regardless of who wins the wrestle off.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
125, 174, 197
Are the others better than they would have been with someone else coaching? I don’t know
Well, I have read the boards, plenty has been brought up about other schools. You know that, didn’t have to be mentioned in this thread
I think you’re attacking the wrong guy here. Everything I’ve said I stand by. If I’m calling out the guys who have been in trouble from other teams and their coaches I better be looking at my own.
I’ve re-read your posts a few times and I genuinely do not know what point you are trying to make.

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
He’s also got a ranked win when he majored the Cleveland State guy and at least opens it up during matches. Wrestle offs only show so much since the wrestlers know each other so well from going every day in the room. Nando deserves a chance to show what he can do with Broderson not producing. Hell, Broderson barely scored against Wisconsin’s backup 184 pounder. He just has no leg attacks and is either a headlock or bust. We need someone that will open it up at that weight. I honestly wouldn’t mind if Helgeson was given a chance there as another option if Nando isn’t the guy
Agree to disagree. Ranked 31 is not what I consider a huge win. Villascusa seems to rely an awful lot on the reverse headlock from an underhook. I don’t think that’s going far in the Big 12

ST8TAILG8R

Jul 10, 2017
Agree to disagree. Ranked 31 is not what I consider a huge win. Villascusa seems to rely an awful lot on the reverse headlock from an underhook. I don’t think that’s going far in the Big 12
Compared to what we have already seen for the last 4 yrs that didn't go far in the Big12?

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
I’ve re-read your posts a few times and I genuinely do not know what point you are trying to make.
That’s unfortunate. I think the message was lost because of too many questions that were not relevant to what I was saying. Oh well

iastatefan1

Jan 24, 2016
125-possibly hasn't developed like we'd like but you can't say that yet since just last week he widened the gap on the wisconsin dude.
174-saying he hasn't developed as a rs fresh is also premature, although I agree he needs to adjust his style against better college guys.
197-hasnt really developed
But go ahead and ignore frost, johnson, coleman, yonger etc. If that fits your narrative

Reactions: stuclone

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
Why do people keep asking questions trying to get a response different than was intended ? Stop asking questions and just think

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
125-possibly hasn't developed like we'd like but you can't say that yet since just last week he widened the gap on the wisconsin dude.
174-saying he hasn't developed as a rs fresh is also premature, although I agree he needs to adjust his style against better college guys.
But go ahead and ignore frost, johnson, coleman, yonger etc. If that fits your narrative
Again, stop changing what was said. These were in response to who hasn’t developed well and who someone then claimed were the worst on the team.
This is ridiculous. Sorry I have offended all by my criticisms

Last edited:

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Don't forget Schuyler last year, made huge improvements

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
It’s comments like that last sentence that make me realize you must have just started watching last weekend.
This is hilarious. For anyone not sharp enough to understand, the response to my criticism is EXACTLY the same as early criticisms of Jackson were. Proven by this entire thread. That is it. Read into it all you want, make up stuff. We are never going to beat Iowa if you can’t take take constructive criticism of the coaches.
Yep, brand new to wrestling, lol.
And whoever made the Bobby Douglas comment - not sure how to take that but it doesn’t appear to be a good look for you.

Last edited:

Cyclone Pfan

Dec 7, 2022
This is hilarious. For anyone not sharp enough to understand, the response to my criticism is EXACTLY the same as early criticisms of Jackson were. Proven by this entire thread. That is it. Read into it all you want, make up stuff. We are never going to beat Iowa if you can’t take take constructive criticism of the coaches.
Yep, brand new to wrestling, lol.
The issue is that you're implying that dresser has plateaued or has the program in decline.

Neither are true.

Sure, it would have been great to get to this spot sooner, but as far as I'm aware he inherited essentially a d2 program (talent + facilities + AD support) and had a lot of lifting to do.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz and crablegs

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The product on the mat now is better than it was with Jackson. This is due to better overall talent and use of resources. Where that talent came from is one thing I am questioning. And I absolutely am saying that the current talent is not being developed well, it just showed up here and stayed the same.
We can’t throw shade at Iowa or Penn State and overlook things like 141, 125 and the 133 they brought in.
So even though the product may be better, we might not be better off in the long run. Unless we’re happy outside the top 5.
And please enlighten me on PD3. You can’t change your argument to fit your narrative. Plenty on this board thought PD3 should stay when Dresser came. Please tell me what he did before he got here except beat up frat boys. That is all that is relevant to this discussion.
Wut???? Please quote because I don't remember anyone wanting him around anymore. Maybe PD2 on the board since he was a good laugh.

Matrat

Feb 11, 2018
The issue is that you're implying that dresser has plateaued or has the program in decline.

Neither are true.

Sure, it would have been great to get to this spot sooner, but as far as I'm aware he inherited essentially a d2 program (talent + facilities + AD support) and had a lot of lifting to do.
Thank you for a cordial response.

Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Really? You have people on one of these threads calling for the volunteer coaches’ son to go at 197. Which would be nepotism since he lost the tryout.
You’re calling 125 and 174 the weakest weights? 28 hours ago they were going to beat Ayala and Arnold.
This is ridiculous. This is a wrestling board. I’m talking wrestling
YOU used 25, 74 and 97 as your weights that haven't been developed. Post #75. You keep moving the goal post so much that I believe now you're just trolling for entertainment and I'm annoyed I fell for it.

• Agree
Reactions: LotB6 and matclone