"I Will" shirt

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Guys, "I Will" is an Under Armour slogan. Has been for years. This is not anything special for ISU, although that would be cool.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I like the idea, but the shirt looks like crap.

Regrettably about half of ISU's gear falls in to that category. There's some good stuff out there but a lot of it you can tell is destined for the clearance rack from the moment it gets printed.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
We used it around 10 years ago for basketball - the poster was of Will Blaylock with the words "I Will".

Are you serious? I like Blaylock, but this is a Jack Trice quote. I have trouble using it with basketball in general and with anyone other than Trice in particular. Viva Jack Trice.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Guys, "I Will" is an Under Armour slogan. Has been for years. This is not anything special for ISU, although that would be cool.

We all know "I Will" is the UA slogan.
But, it was a big part of JT's letter and was common knowledge before UA even existed.

And an FYI, for those spelling Will Blalock's last name like "Blaylock" you would be incorrect.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
But, it was a big part of JT's letter and was common knowledge before UA even existed.

And an FYI, for those spelling Will Blalock's last name like "Blaylock" you would be incorrect.

Pretty liberal usage of "common knowledge" there, I would bet that 2 out of 3 Iowa State fans couldn't tell you the significance of "I will," and 3 out of 3 other school fans

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Do our licensing people not have any control or say in the final product??
That color is not even close. It seems pretty simple to me before you make thousands of articles of clothing that someone checks the color.

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Pretty liberal usage of "common knowledge" there, I would bet that 2 out of 3 Iowa State fans couldn't tell you the significance of "I will," and 3 out of 3 other school fans

Tough crowd. Obviously 0/10 people of other schools won't associate "I Will" with ISU. Heck, I would associate it more with UA myself. And even 99/100 fans of other schools nationwide probably don't even know who JT is.

However, most ISU fans have heard of "I will" in JT's letter. That doesn't mean they associate I Will with ISU, but a lot of them have at least knowledge that it was in JT's letter.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Tough crowd. Obviously 0/10 people of other schools won't associate "I Will" with ISU. Heck, I would associate it more with UA myself. And even 99/100 fans of other schools nationwide probably don't even know who JT is.

However, most ISU fans have heard of "I will" in JT's letter. That doesn't mean they associate I Will with ISU, but a lot of them have at least knowledge that it was in JT's letter.

I didn't think you meant most people overall knew about it so we are on the same page in the first paragraph. I still don't think it would be close to most ISU fans who have heard of "I will" in the letter though. Most who post on a website like this, sure. Not most fans

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
attachment.php

Just saw this at Scheels.

Looks like the Craig Brackins era burgundy.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
Yes, I know that. Seemed like people were getting excited about it because of the "I Will". I don't think that everyone knows it's a UA slogan.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Are you serious? I like Blaylock, but this is a Jack Trice quote. I have trouble using it with basketball in general and with anyone other than Trice in particular. Viva Jack Trice.

Some people have their kids' pictures on their fridge. We have about 15 years of FB & MBB magnets on ours. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Blalock poster.jpg
    Blalock poster.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 266

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Some people have their kids' pictures on their fridge. We have about 15 years of FB & MBB magnets on ours. :)

attachment.php

I don't remember that one. While I prefer to keep "I will" to Jack Trice, that is pretty clever!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Yeah - my bad. I always had trouble with his name & realized I screwed up when I went to get the magnet. :)

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
UA has been using "I Will" for a while. But I don't think they had any intentional connection to JT. Just a coincidence.

Too bad ISU didn't trademark it. It absolutely should be part of ISU's identity.