iHeart Radio on Life Support

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Their app is terrible. The quick access to the player does not want to go away in android. And why I have to go to another app to get a podcast?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Im old but isn't iheartradio a top 40 radio station? I only think of ryan seacrest and teenagers when I hear the name iheartradio.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
The iheartradio awards show will be sorely missed by really bad corporate synthetic music peddlers.

Cy94

Nov 11, 2011
So, now all these stations will return to local ownership with local talent?

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
IHeart is a spawn of Clear Channel.

Clear Channel is a conglomeration and market saturation advertising vehicle. The money behind Clear Channel picked and $$$$ for Bush43. The FCC began to allow "local" consolidation of airwave ownership after the election of Bush43.

Local airwave monopolies have established total homogenization of radio nationwide. Rush L is everywhere, the same playlist of the pop, classic rock and country in any market is the same. Clear Channel controlls the message. The uniformed listened and, voila, welcome to USA 2017.

IHeart can't compete in the real world of internet competition. Clear Channel thrives in the politician paid-for world of government favoritism, where no local competition, or messaging, exists.

Eff all I Heart and Clear Channel.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Im old but isn't iheartradio a top 40 radio station? I only think of ryan seacrest and teenagers when I hear the name iheartradio.

The absolutely idiotic corporate name is most definitely a part of their struggles and a self inflicted wound. Alienates the average listener and fails at sounding cool to young people which I'm sure was the misguided plan.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I have downloaded and deleted IHeart Radio 5-6 times. Always something I'm interested in hearing about but it's such a trash business that I end up deleting it.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Leveraged buyouts OFTEN end up in bankruptcy. The private equity firms or others make out like bandits and leave "shell" companies with huge debt.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I use it all the time for sports radio. I hate listening to baseball on the sports stations during the summer so iheart is my way of getting around that.

cyclone83

Apr 10, 2006
IHeart is a spawn of Clear Channel.

Clear Channel is a conglomeration and market saturation advertising vehicle. The money behind Clear Channel picked and $$$$ for Bush43. The FCC began to allow "local" consolidation of airwave ownership after the election of Bush43.

Local airwave monopolies have established total homogenization of radio nationwide. Rush L is everywhere, the same playlist of the pop, classic rock and country in any market is the same. Clear Channel controlls the message. The uniformed listened and, voila, welcome to USA 2017.

IHeart can't compete in the real world of internet competition. Clear Channel thrives in the politician paid-for world of government favoritism, where no local competition, or messaging, exists.

Eff all I Heart and Clear Channel.
We've taken care of everything
The words you read, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all, all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp