iHeart Radio on Life Support

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Don't you guys just go to kxno and listen to their feed if you want it? What does iheartradio do? The only radio I listen to is in the car.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I usually did but it's nice to listen on my phone once in a while. I do go to iHeart to listen to 1700 Trent and Jim because their website blows and crashes all the time trying to stream.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And, again, the company OWNS KXNO. It's not just an app.

It's the horrifically stupid name. It's almost impossible to believe a company with a silly name like that can be a gigantic media corporation. Glitchy app or streaming site with poor design...yeah seems like an appropriately crappy name for that.

KXNO (or any four random call letters) sounds like a much bigger and more professional company that iHeartRadio. CycloneFanatic sounds like a bigger company that iHeartRadio. If this site changed its name to iCheerISU it would instantly seem worse and be worse.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It's the horrifically stupid name. It's almost impossible to believe a company with a silly name like that can be a gigantic media corporation. Glitchy app or streaming site with poor design...yeah seems like an appropriately crappy name for that.

KXNO (or any four random call letters) sounds like a much bigger and more professional company that iHeartRadio. CycloneFanatic sounds like a bigger company that iHeartRadio. If this site changed its name to iCheerISU it would instantly seem worse and be worse.

I thought iHeartRadio was some promotion aimed at kids when I first heard it. Didn't realize it was a legit entity :confused:

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I only use iHeartRadio to listen to kxno (Murph/Andy and the Fanatics) at work. If I want to listen to music Pandora or Spotify are much better
Just out of curiosity, why do you like Pandora better? It's been a while since I've used it but I remember being annoyed with all the ads. With Iheart, there's basically just an add at the beginning of your listening and that's it

• Agree
Reactions: BigBake and SC Cy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Just out of curiosity, why do you like Pandora better? It's been a while since I've used it but I remember being annoyed with all the ads. With Iheart, there's basically just an add at the beginning of your listening and that's it

I like the Pandora stations better, just because I can pick one of my favorites depending on my mood or where I'm at. If it gets to the point where I've had it with ads I just switch to my personal music library.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
So what happens to KXNO if they fold? Not only do they own them but I got to think at least half of their listeners come from iheart and not the actual radio.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
This news stinks for me. I've cancelled both my Slacker and Pandora subscriptions because iHeart is above and beyond what I want and need. I try to listen (or at least have it on in the background while I'm working) KXNO every day from 2-6. Seriously, these two shows are really, really good. It must be a combo of on-air talent, management, and content but it makes Omaha sports radio seem like Bayside radio.
th

I've also found some very good music stations. There aren't many advertisements and the playlists have formed to what I like.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Most of the time companies that go into bankrauptcy will simply reorganize and continue operations. I doubt that much will happen to any radio stations as I imagine they are still profitable. The company will just have to work out with creditors the debt situation and they might look to sell or some outside investors to put some money in the "new" company. The stockholders get left with nothing and the bond holders will probably take a big hit.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and Pat

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
IHeart is a spawn of Clear Channel.

Clear Channel is a conglomeration and market saturation advertising vehicle. The money behind Clear Channel picked and $$$$ for Bush43. The FCC began to allow "local" consolidation of airwave ownership after the election of Bush43.

Local airwave monopolies have established total homogenization of radio nationwide. Rush L is everywhere, the same playlist of the pop, classic rock and country in any market is the same. Clear Channel controlls the message. The uniformed listened and, voila, welcome to USA 2017.

IHeart can't compete in the real world of internet competition. Clear Channel thrives in the politician paid-for world of government favoritism, where no local competition, or messaging, exists.

Eff all I Heart and Clear Channel.

What about the people who weren't wearing uniforms?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
We've taken care of everything
The words you read, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes
It's one for all, all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why

We are the priests
Of the Temples of IHeartRadio
Our great computers
Fill the hallowed halls
We are the priests
Of the Temples of IHeartRadio
All the gifts of life
Are held within our app

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
This sucks, I really like iHeart. Pretty much my everyday go to for music streaming. KXNO in the AM for the DP show followed by tunes the rest of the day. No commercials is probably the biggest reason. I can't stand listening to regular radio anymore, same goes for TV.

I have Sirius in the car but Lithium is starting to bug me. It's my $.02 but Lithium is mixing in too many tunes that are not 90s Alt Rock. The only convenience I like about Sirius (and for $5/month it's not bad) is it's on when I start up my car. I'd just stream iHeart but I have to sync my phone (bluetooth) every time you start the vehicle.

Wife likes Panora but never really liked the "enter an artist" and get similar tunes thing. iHeart has several stations I really like and does a good job with the mix. Wish I could find something similar on Sirius like Sixx Sense.