Illinois forums

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
Seem to be a pretty active forum compared to Washington st. Not very intimidated by us which they’ve probably only watched 1 game so they saw our 3-17 start to last game and think our offense is terrible.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Don't understand what people expect from visiting other opponents websites. I don't give a crap about what they think.
No, I get it. I just think that they are getting a little crazy talking about beating UConn and winning a title after a game against freaking Duquesne. I don’t think what they saw in that game translates at all to whatever games they have from here on.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
It seems like they don't know much about us (I didn't see a single post that even mentioned one of our players by name). There just high on their own play right now, and rightfully so.

Hopefully their players are as overconfident as their fans, and our guys take the time this week to prepare.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I sat in front of the most annoying Illinois fan in the whole arena on Thursday. He had the loudest, most annoying voice I've ever heard.

I got to hear a play by play commentary, frequent f-bombs, personal biographies on every Illinois player, recaps of most of their games, and his entire life story including how he coached high school basketball back in the 90s.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No, I get it. I just think that they are getting a little crazy talking about beating UConn and winning a title after a game against freaking Duquesne. I don’t think what they saw in that game translates at all to whatever games they have from here on.

Not that it matters in the NCAA, but I'd be okay if their first two games has given them a false sense of security.

Obviously glad we won, but also glad WSU pushed us a little bit. Think we'll be locked in on Thursday.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

I love them killing Duquesne and thinking that makes them the '96 Bulls.

Reminds me of UCLA winning easy in second round in 2000 and then we proved the "experts" wrong by about 40 points.

Let them think they're the greatest team in history, it's great.

Let our guys focus on the first ten minutes where they came out with tons of things to fix.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This one made me laugh. "More fans closer to a major airport"

Having lived in Chicago for 14 years...I genuinely 100% think Iowa State has more passionate fans in Chicago than Illinois does.

I met ONE Illinois fan in 14 years living in neighborhoods near downtown. One. (and he was a relative of my wife, not even a random person I met) Pretty much every other regional Big Ten team has a ton more fans in Chicago than IL/NW have. Even when they made their big run in I think 2006 practically nobody in Chicago cares. Actual Chicagoans who are born there are always obsessed with a terrible Bears team and ignore Illinois.

I highly doubt they have more fans that care enough to fly to Boston than ISU. Both will be outnumbered greatly by UConn but no way they have any more fans there than ISU.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Having lived in Chicago for 14 years...I genuinely 100% think Iowa State has more passionate fans in Chicago than Illinois does.

I met ONE Illinois fan in 14 years living in neighborhoods near downtown. One. (and he was a relative of my wife, not even a random person I met) Pretty much every other regional Big Ten team has a ton more fans in Chicago than IL/NW have. Even when they made their big run in I think 2006 practically nobody in Chicago cares. Actual Chicagoans who are born there are always obsessed with a terrible Bears team and ignore Illinois.

I highly doubt they have more fans that care enough to fly to Boston than ISU. Both will be outnumbered greatly by UConn but no way they have any more fans there than ISU.
More likely to be Northwestern fans if anything.

Reactions: aauummm and Peter