Illinois forums

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I didnt even know Illinois had fans.

I went to that website, just to look at it, and woof. Did they hire some 5th grader to design and create it.

I tell ya, CF is so much better than any fan site/forum I have seen to d

So many just use the 247 forum, and the design and usability of that is horrible.
I didnt even know Illinois had fans.

I went to that website, just to look at it, and woof. Did they hire some 5th grader to design and create it.

I tell ya, CF is so much better than any fan site/forum I have seen to date.

So many just use the 247 forum, and the design and usability of that is horrible.
247 forums are awful

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
We have played and beaten teams better than Illinois. I’m not a believer in Brad Underwood and have watched enough Illinois basketball to see just how out of control and undisciplined they can be. If we can dictate pace and make them work for things on the offensive end, they will get frustrated. Hawkins is a loose canon too. I watched him lose a game at Penn State pretty much all on his own.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
My mom SWEARS by an Illinois Tourism commercial she saw in the late 80's where the opening line of the jingle was "Just outside Chicago, there's a place called Illinois."

South suburbs of Chicago to Omaha, straight shot on 80, is 8 hours. Not that super easy of a drive. Champaign-Urbana to Omaha is 7, according to Google Maps.

Can confirm on all of this.

I grew up south of the south suburbs and the only times I remember there being anyone cheering for Illinois was 2001 and 2005. Other than that, it was pro sports or Notre Dame.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
So.... what Big 10 team did Illinois play this year that will prepare them to play ISU? I know the big 10 is a meat grinder.
Remember when Notre Dame's players said they were ready for Hoiball because they had played De Paul? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'd like to see Illinois players interviewed with that question regarding Otzleball just to see what they'd say. "Well we DID play the Hawkeyes, and they are one of the Big 10's premier defenses..."

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
We have played and beaten teams better than Illinois. I’m not a believer in Brad Underwood and have watched enough Illinois basketball to see just how out of control and undisciplined they can be. If we can dictate pace and make them work for things on the offensive end, they will get frustrated. Hawkins is a loose canon too. I watched him lose a game at Penn State pretty much all on his own.

Agreed! I can see Illinois owning like a 7 point lead at half but us coming out the second half and just punching them in the throats and wearing them down. Then last 10 minutes taking control and winning by 10. My prediction 70-60 good guys

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
My family is almost entirely from downstate IL, I was born and grew up there til we moved to Cedar Rapids when I was in high school. There is literally NO Illinois fan presence in that state outside of a small bubble roughly covering Champaign-Urbana, Kankakee, Danville and Decatur. We are from the Galesburg-Peoria-Springfield area. Precious little Illini support there. Frankly, there are more EIU fans than Illini in Western Illinois. You see the gag-inducing HOKs logo all the time.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
So.... what Big 10 team did Illinois play this year that will prepare them to play ISU? I know the big 10 is a meat grinder.
They struggled mightily against Iowa so pretty sure our guys aren’t intimidated

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
My family is almost entirely from downstate IL, I was born and grew up there til we moved to Cedar Rapids when I was in high school. There is literally NO Illinois fan presence in that state outside of a small bubble roughly covering Champaign-Urbana, Kankakee, Danville and Decatur. We are from the Galesburg-Peoria-Springfield area. Precious little Illini support there. Frankly, there are more EIU fans than Illini in Western Illinois. You see the gag-inducing HOKs logo all the time.
I have never lived in Illinois, but every time I have been there or talked to people from there, this is what I seen/heard.

It always has been to me that the fans in that state are all fans of teams outside that state. Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, ND, Kentucky etc.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Illinois has been to the tournament

Putting Kankakee in there is generous. That’s Notre Dame territory.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Illinois has been to the tournament

Putting Kankakee in there is generous. That’s Notre Dame territory.
And Purdue. Point being, there is some non-trivial Illini support in that area. Last I knew the local radio station was on the Illini sports network?