Illinois forums

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We traditionally travel pretty well for basketball... it's been a point of pride for us over the years. The Omaha turnout was kind of disappointing but you guys knew you were going there for weeks and we didn't think we'd get Omaha... I think that site instantly became the most expensive ticket on StubHub.

I was at that Iowa game, they had to crank up the music to try and drown out the I-L-L, I-N-I chants late in the second half, it was glorious.

I expect a pretty good turnout this weekend (although it will be mostly UConn fans) and if we somehow survive I'd expect a ton of Illinois fans in Phoenix.
There were also several of us ISU fans in Kansas City for wrestling nationals. With it being close, we chose that over Omaha. There were be several from there trying to get tickets to Boston also. I saw very few Illinois fans there.

Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I sat in front of the most annoying Illinois fan in the whole arena on Thursday. He had the loudest, most annoying voice I've ever heard.

I got to hear a play by play commentary, frequent f-bombs, personal biographies on every Illinois player, recaps of most of their games, and his entire life story including how he coached high school basketball back in the 90s.
Betcha might've wished for a refund after a little of that?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Chicago cares little about state sports. Illini fans are all the non Chi area people. I'd almost bet that more ISU fans are close to a major airport than Illini. There are hours and hours of Illinois land south of Chicago.
There be good IOWA farmland south of Chicago!

I'm just sayin'

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Just deleted a cave-ish post and its corresponding responses. 99.99995% of the time, if you're mentioning a politician outside of the Cave, don't post it.
Remain strong and continue your due diligence.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
This weekend was my first experience with Illinois fans. I got Mizzou fan vibes from them, maybe a weird Mizzou/KU hybrid.

Reactions: rosshm16

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Betcha might've wished for a refund after a little of that?
Yeah, luckily for us he was gone a good chunk of time between the beer line and bathroom. Luckily we also had different seats for the night session so only had to deal with him for about 5 hours.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Here is the list of Top 25 teams not named FAU that Illinois beat this year:
Um...

Waiting...

Not to say they can't beat us, because they most assuredly can. But Big 10 play doesn't really excite me.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
This one made me laugh. "More fans closer to a major airport"
Which airport is "major"? BMI and PIA are smaller than DSM. SPI and CMI are tiny. There are definitely more airports, but none that I'd consider "major". FWIW I live in Springfield and primarily fly out of STL. Far more options and almost always cheaper flights.

isuclone89

Oct 23, 2007
Medical Lake, WA
Which airport is "major"? BMI and PIA are smaller than DSM. SPI and CMI are tiny. There are definitely more airports, but none that I'd consider "major". FWIW I live in Springfield and primarily fly out of STL. Far more options and almost always cheaper flights.
The crop duster from O'Hare to Peoria is pretty harsh sometimes.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron