In Memoriam: Ames Business/Restaurants

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Mullets will crush it in the West Towne spot.

I agree that West Towne was never more than average, they just had that neighborhood cornered. But I was always grateful for their existence when I lived on Mortenson and couldn't the Vikings on the Des Moines Fox channel.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Oh wow! Where was this located? Was it somewhere in west Ames? I have a vague memory of going to eat with my folks at a sitdown restaurant somewhere in west Ames in the early 90s but I've never been able to piece together now what the place was that we went to.

4923 Lincoln Way.

Between North Dakota and Thackeray, on the same frontage road as (currently) Jax Outdoor Gear and KD Billiard/Game Room.

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
Mullets will crush it in the West Towne spot.

I agree that West Towne was never more than average, they just had that neighborhood cornered. But I was always grateful for their existence when I lived on Mortenson and couldn't the Vikings on the Des Moines Fox channel.
If it’s anything like the Mullets in Ankeny, don’t get your hopes up. Different owner than Des Moines Mullets and menu is much more limited

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If it’s anything like the Mullets in Ankeny, don’t get your hopes up. Different owner than Des Moines Mullets and menu is much more limited
Yes they are franchised out now.
I believe the Fareway CEO's wife is involved in that aspect.

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Go to Jimmy's in Boone!! Jim was the manager in Nevada and George "promised" him the business, until the family got involved and ran it into the ground. Jimmy's has the same sauce, texas toast, lemonade.
Thank you. I didn’t know that.

Reactions: cycloner29

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron