In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So they promote Seth Wallace to Assistant head coach and give Parker a raise to 1.9 mil a year….. but crickets yet on an OC.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Interesting that Paul Chryst said no thanks for the OC job. I thought that was a slam dunk. Gonna stay as an analyst at UT
I’d bet my mortgage it got down to final details, and Kirk hit him with a “by the way, you can have the title OC, but we’re running my offense”

• Winner
Reactions: cycloneML

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
Couldn't Kirk just rehire Brian as a contractor? Technically he wouldn't work for the University.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
He is also right at a .600% winning percentage, the minimum to get into the college football HOF, I am one that thinks the Freerents believes he can stick around long enough to catch Hayes and end up with a .600% career winning percentage.

Why does he belong in the HOF?

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
Why does he belong in the HOF?
You know I wondered the same thing so I went down the rabbit hole. First off there are A LOT of coaches in the college HOF at all ncaa division levels. These were the ones in there of modern coaches (last 40 years) that have similar resumes to KF (lot of wins, few conf titles, no natty, few really good years but a lot of mediocre too). In other words, inclusion by just being around for a long time.

Ault (Nevada), Beamer, Belotti (Oregon), Earl Bruce, Cooper (OSU), DeBerry (Air Force), Donahue (UCLA), Hayden Fry, Paul Johnson(Navy, Ga Tech), Nehlen (WVU), Pinkel (Mizzou), Slocum (A&M), Snyder, Welsh(UVA).

Reactions: kingcy