Idea: In-State Rivals Forum

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Angie, is it possible to not see any posts that start with the word, "Dude"?:biglaugh:

THX--fixed it.

Since this site is for Cyclone fans how about just not letting known hawkeye fans starting threads.

Sure, then we can go to people who didn't actually attend Iowa State, or people who don't know what they're talking about, or people you disagree with...

What you're talking about is censorship. It shouldn't start anywhere.

That's why, if a particular thread is so bad or worthless (or offensive), it can be closed or even deleted. But don't stop offering people the opportunity to express themselves.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
THX--fixed it.

Sure, then we can go to people who didn't actually attend Iowa State, or people who don't know what they're talking about, or people you disagree with...

What you're talking about is censorship. It shouldn't start anywhere.

That's why, if a particular thread is so bad or worthless (or offensive), it can be closed or even deleted. But don't stop offering people the opportunity to express themselves.

censorship is everywhere...see ****. Lay off the coffee after noon. This site is for entertainment...loosen up Cameron.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
THX--fixed it.

:confused::confused:What you're talking about is censorship. It shouldn't start anywhere.:confused::confused:

Separatenote:

EVERYONE: y'all are getting thin skinned in this thread....

lighten up.

-keep.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yours is not the last word, be certain of that. I will have my opinion, and you are powerless to alter it.

:biglaugh:

Didn't say that it did trump your opinion. Just saying that you didn't need to single out one person to make your point. That was simply tacky. That's complementary to your point. Not atop it.

And, as someone politely pointed out, the "ignore" list should help.

And please, feel free to get down off your high horse at any time. Towering moral authority, indeed.

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
Why are you so worried about what the hawks think? Who cares if they think we talk about them too much? Why are they here looking?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I believe you do the following:

Go to the user's public profile. Click on "User Lists", and "Add to Ignore List".

Oh, ahaselhu, thank you much for the information. I did not know (obviously) that such an option existed here. I'm busily typing in screen names. . . .

everyyard

Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
There has been a lot of chatter recently that we talk too much about the Hawkeyes, but that we have an In-State Rivals forum that is made for this purpose.

It seems to me that one solution to this problem would be to prevent threads in the In-State rivals section from showing up in the "Recent Threads", similar to how the Politics forum is handled. Or, if possible, allow the users themselves to set which forums show up in the "Recent Threads" and "New Posts".

Thoughts?

no one has ever had to read any thread they don't want to.

MadCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2006
Madison, WI
I think it would be great if I could come here and not have a daily CNN, MSN, or Yahoo! News article on the front page. I get my "news" from news sites. I get Cyclone info from Cyclone sites.

Then again, I could start posting random articles for the sake of earning credits.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I've been working on making it a user option to decide what shows up on the frontpage but it's a major undertaking and not something I can commit all of my time to, thus it will be a while longer before it's a reality. It is in the works though.

On a side note: 2 days, 5 hours, xxxxxx :yes:

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
I've been working on making it a user option to decide what shows up on the frontpage but it's a major undertaking and not something I can commit all of my time to, thus it will be a while longer before it's a reality. It is in the works though.

Good to know. Thanks Jeremy!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Maybe you should stay home from the game and actually do some work, for a change. :wink:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Angie, is it possible to give individual members here the ability to ban/not see members of their choosing? For example, I would rather not see any of DJK15's posts. I'm sure some here would rather not see my posts, too.

I seldom open an eiu post, so eiu messages here aren't a problem, from my perspective (other than there are too many of them, since they clog forum headers; but, that's subjective on my part.)

You sure can!! You can add them to your ignore list! Go to UserCP, and hit Edit Ignore List under Settings & Options. You could then type in the name of whomever you'd like!!

Edit - oops, just noticed someone else also responded. :notworthy:

DJK15

Apr 17, 2008
Angie, is it possible to give individual members here the ability to ban/not see members of their choosing? For example, I would rather not see any of DJK15's posts.

Jeez...what did I ever do to you?

Reactions: Angie

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I gave up on the ignore feature because people were constantly quoting the people I'd ignored so I'd see their messages anyway.