Iowa Beat Writers

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Talk about your fetishes. This is almost as bad as his legacy tweet after seeing all the stories he posted under this tweet. I wonder if all he packed in his carry on was underwear! The guy is just weird!!

I wonder how many nights per week he and Murphy go around neighborhoods looking in little girls' windows and just happen to see Caitlin Clark posters up? Parents - check your outside window ledges for white stains.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think some of you are mixing up your dislike for the topic with the coverage of the topic you dislike. What do you expect from Chad Leistikow? He readily admits that he is a lifetime Iowa fan. He has had the privilege of covering a phenomenal season. And it has had lots of touching sidelights and personal experiences for him.

I like Chad Leistikow as a journalist. He exemplifies the spirit of the new journalism that CF and Iowa Everywhere promote. I love having embedded journalists who tell deep stories and give personal reactions. It is what makes the new journalism so much better than the old.

P.S. I expect Leistikow to be more objective and much nicer next year about Audi Crooks that some of you are about him this year.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think some of you are mixing up your dislike for the topic with the coverage of the topic you dislike. What do you expect from Chad Leistikow? He readily admits that he is a lifetime Iowa fan. He has had the privilege of covering a phenomenal season. And it has had lots of touching sidelights and personal experiences for him.

I like Chad Leistikow as a journalist. He exemplifies the spirit of the new journalism that CF and Iowa Everywhere promote. I love having embedded journalists who tell deep stories and give personal reactions. It is what makes the new journalism so much better than the old.

P.S. I expect Leistikow to be more objective and much nicer next year about Audi Crooks that some of you are about him this year.
I think it's understandable to talk about it a lot, maybe even all the time for a while. But it's another thing to call it truly life changing and basically God-like. I guess maybe it somehow is, but that just seems like more of the same batshit crazy things we've heard constantly now for 2 years. Again, I understand the topic is worth talking about a lot, but there's maybe a line before taking it to such extremes.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
What do you expect from Chad Leistikow? He readily admits that he is a lifetime Iowa fan. He has had the privilege of covering a phenomenal season. And it has had lots of touching sidelights and personal experiences for him.

I expect him to write like he's employed by the Register and not some fan-run website. Compare and contrast with Peterson/Hines. Those guys aren't falling over each other to write big flowery all-is-well stories about Iowa State every day.

He won't have anything to say about Crooks next year other than one game, since he's on the Iowa beat (and that'll never change).

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Talk about your fetishes. This is almost as bad as his legacy tweet after seeing all the stories he posted under this tweet. I wonder if all he packed in his carry on was underwear! The guy is just weird!!

lurking-creepyguy.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think it's understandable to talk about it a lot, maybe even all the time for a while. But it's another thing to call it truly life changing and basically God-like. I guess maybe it somehow is, but that just seems like more of the same batshit crazy things we've heard constantly now for 2 years. Again, I understand the topic is worth talking about a lot, but there's maybe a line before taking it to such extremes.

Hence, why I also enjoy your posts. You are excellent at Hok bashing. You don't just give the boring "F the Hoks" statements. You make Hok-bashing an art form. But you are not someone I would expect to be able to see the "line before taking it to such extremes" or even to respect the line.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Hence, why I also enjoy your posts. You are excellent at Hok bashing. You don't just give the boring "F the Hoks" statements. You make Hok-bashing an art form. But you are not someone I would expect to be able to see the "line before taking it to such extremes" or even to respect the line.
Lines are 2 dimensional creations specifically so they can be crossed:)

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I expect him to write like he's employed by the Register and not some fan-run website. Compare and contrast with Peterson/Hines. Those guys aren't falling over each other to write big flowery all-is-well stories about Iowa State every day.

He won't have anything to say about Crooks next year other than one game, since he's on the Iowa beat (and that'll never change).

Leistikow is really good at his analysis of game film in DM Register articles. Peterson/Hines could improve a great deal in this area. Leistikow spent the fall griping about the EIU offense and doubting whether a new OC would make a difference.

The simple fact is that the last few months have been incredibly good for EIU WBB and social media gives them opportunities to give more personal reactions beyond game analysis. I wouldn't expect them to ignore their own feelings, especially when they match the feelings of their primary audience. Again, this is new journalism that gets much closer to the subjects, not unlike CW being so close to TJ. I want to know what those with proximity are thinking and feeling.

And yes, I'm looking forward to a lot of over-the-top positive stories about Audi Crooks next year . . . because that is what reporters and the audience are feeling . . . and because it is real.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Leistikow is really good at his analysis of game film in DM Register articles. Peterson/Hines could improve a great deal in this area. Leistikow spent the fall griping about the EIU offense and doubting whether a new OC would make a difference.

The simple fact is that the last few months have been incredibly good for EIU WBB and social media gives them opportunities to give more personal reactions beyond game analysis. I wouldn't expect them to ignore their own feelings, especially when they match the feelings of their primary audience. Again, this is new journalism that gets much closer to the subjects, not unlike CW being so close to TJ. I want to know what those with proximity are thinking and feeling.

And yes, I'm looking forward to a lot of over-the-top positive stories about Audi Crooks next year . . . because that is what reporters and the audience are feeling . . . and because it is real.

You could not be more wrong. Chad writes like a fan. That’s not his job. Compare to Hines who writes like he is better than sports and that’s an unfair advantage.

CW runs a fan site. Of course he caters to us on here. He also caters to Iowa fans in Iowa Wverywhere.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines

Chad and Peterson are columnists - not reporters. Their job is to provide more insight/critical analysis. Hines is a reporter; his job is to cover the game and report on it.

Chad goes over the top with his fandom, whereas Peterson does not.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I would suggest not using any bathrooms outside your own home today after 6 pm due to some unforseen activities from Hawk fans, Chad, David, Ol' neck beard, Murph and his channel 13 brethren. KCCI guys, KNXO folks, and psyco Franisdaman from GIA. Just wanting to get the warning out early.