Iowa Beat Writers

Zed_One

Sep 12, 2020
Whats not talked about much is the loss of their punter. How many times did he bail out them out and give Iowa a short field? Their D could then just ramp up the pressure and force a mistake or get the ball back with decent field positon and kick a field goal. That is the key to their season IMHO.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Whats not talked about much is the loss of their punter. How many times did he bail out them out and give Iowa a short field? Their D could then just ramp up the pressure and force a mistake or get the ball back with decent field positon and kick a field goal. That is the key to their season IMHO.
That and their D was incredibly LUCKY, they played 6 of the 10 statistically poorest offenses in the entire country, and they were the 7th. Analyze that!!!!
Of the 4 teams with a pulse that they played 3 of them outscored them something like 90 to ZERO ! And we were the fourth, and should have won

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Lol. Apparently the Chadster and Miller have both blocked me even though I’ve never engaged them on Twitter. Gee I wonder if they check out CF.

• Wow
Reactions: fcclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think some of you are mixing up your dislike for the topic with the coverage of the topic you dislike. What do you expect from Chad Leistikow? He readily admits that he is a lifetime Iowa fan. He has had the privilege of covering a phenomenal season. And it has had lots of touching sidelights and personal experiences for him.

I like Chad Leistikow as a journalist. He exemplifies the spirit of the new journalism that CF and Iowa Everywhere promote. I love having embedded journalists who tell deep stories and give personal reactions. It is what makes the new journalism so much better than the old.

P.S. I expect Leistikow to be more objective and much nicer next year about Audi Crooks that some of you are about him this year.

The problem is he is trying to have it both ways. He's pretending to be an objective journalist so he can get credentials and access....yet he's also being a fanboy. Clear conflict of interest but no one seems to care as long as Iowa wins and he's fluffing them up 24/7.

Reactions: rosshm16

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Lol. Apparently the Chadster and Miller have both blocked me even though I’ve never engaged them on Twitter. Gee I wonder if they check out CF.

Chad blocked me years ago because he was whining about Matt Campbell not voting for Iowa to be in the top 25 at the end of the year. All I did was ask him where the tweets were about the other 35 Division 1 coaches that didn't vote for Iowa....

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Chad and Peterson are columnists - not reporters. Their job is to provide more insight/critical analysis. Hines is a reporter; his job is to cover the game and report on it.

Chad goes over the top with his fandom, whereas Peterson does not.

Hines almost goes too far the other way. He's overly critical but at least you can never confuse him with being a fan.