Iowa Beers Release/Distribution Thread

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Exile already gets zero dollars from me. This just deters me even more.

I was just going to say this. There was a time I enjoyed a couple of the Exile beers. Now I'm generally disappointed every time I'm tempted to give them another chance.

Now, Exile tying up with Swarm just seems like an incredible match.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Yes exile makes a crap product

Didn’t CF partner once upon a time with Barntown for a beer? I’d be there even more than i am now if we got a barntown beer that helped ISU

CW got BT to do a beer called "Firmly Entrenched" with a Cyclones theme for a charity cause. It was a one-time deal because there was an existing copyright on that name for a beer.

• Agree
Reactions: Tailg8er

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I enjoy going to Exile and a "swarm" beer won't change that. There isn't a better patio/brewery/food combination in the metro.

If We Will is smart, they'll do a Seltzer over a beer and engage the female market as well.

• Disagree
Reactions: MJ29

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Exile Ruthie is one of the most popular beers sold in DM and GG is an excellent dunkel but when I hit up a brewery downtown it’s usually confluence, big grove or Lua.

Reactions: Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I enjoy going to Exile and a "swarm" beer won't change that. There isn't a better patio/brewery/food combination in the metro.

If We Will is smart, they'll do a Seltzer over a beer and engage the female market as well.
Lua, big grove and barntown are all above Exile in the food/beer/patio combo, imo. Exile food is on par with Applebees

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Lua, big grove and barntown are all above Exile in the food/beer/patio combo, imo. Exile food is on par with Applebees
I've tried to like barntown... Service and food have always been poor, which is a bummer since it's quite close..

I haven't been to either Lua or Big Grove, so I'll put it on my list.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I've tried to like barntown... Service and food have always been poor, which is a bummer since it's quite close..

I haven't been to either Lua or Big Grove, so I'll put it on my list.
I agree their service is hit or miss at times.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Making a We Will beer was the first thing I thought of when this whole NIL collective stuff started, we should have done this a while ago. I imagine a Confluence type of place would jump on the opportunity.

And for us fans it's an easy way to support the collective and while drinking away the pain of the death of amateur college athletics.

• Creative
Reactions: BACyclone and Messi

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Making a We Will beer was the first thing I thought of when this whole NIL collective stuff started, we should have done this a while ago. I imagine a Confluence type of place would jump on the opportunity.

And for us fans it's an easy way to support the collective and while drinking away the pain of the death of amateur college athletics.
Plz @brentblum

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Wait. What?

srsly. Even if you don't happen to like more than one beer in the Barn Town tap list (or you don't like any beer) I've always been amazed at the incredible quality and huge range of their food offerings. It's one of the reasons I will pick this place as a treat visit with my family, because I can drink great beer and their food will keep the rest of my family happy. Although I will agree service can be hit or miss -- but then again this is a common occurrence in the last couple years and not unique to BT.

Lua's beer is no doubt better, but their food menu is much more limited.