Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
http://cyclonefanatic.com/2017/02/joel-of-all-trades-versatile-joel-lanning-tries-on-lb-role/

You’re still going to see him line up on the offensive side and I said, ‘Have you ever thought about playing defense and has that ever been something that you had an interest in?’ He said, ‘Absolutely.’ I said, ‘Well you may be one of our best 11 players"

Woof

I guess I'm not going to panic about anything said on day 1 of Spring practice especially with March Madness coming up. Nebraska wanted him to play LB and he's a hell of an athlete

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Link?

Edit: I see it. Joel Lanning is without question one of ISU's best 11 players. It's not wrong

I said, ‘Have you ever thought about playing defense and has that ever been something that you had an interest in?’ He said, ‘Absolutely.’ I said, ‘Well you may be one of our best 11 players — and there’s a lot of guys in the country right now that are playing both ways and doing some really good things with it. I think you’ve got that kind of ability. Would you be interested?’ He said, ‘Yes.’

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Is that serious?

Yes, the full quote

I said, ‘Have you ever thought about playing defense and has that ever been something that you had an interest in?’ He said, ‘Absolutely.’ I said, ‘Well you may be one of our best 11 players — and there’s a lot of guys in the country right now that are playing both ways and doing some really good things with it. I think you’ve got that kind of ability. Would you be interested?’ He said, ‘Yes.’

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yes, the full quote

Yikes

Aug 26, 2014
Iowa State would be:
Toss up
Win
Loss (Bigly)
Loss
Loss (Bigly)
Toss Up
Loss
Win
Loss
Loss (Bigly)
Loss
Wrong,

Our wins would be against:
Wyoming, Iowa, North Texas, Michigan State (remember they still suck), Illinois, NW, Minnesota, Purdue. I think that we would have a shot at Nebraska also.

Like I said, the Big 10 is not good. Sorry you guys don't have powerhouses Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland on your schedule. What a joke.

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
Wrong,

Wyoming, Iowa, North Texas, Michigan State (remember they still suck), Illinois, NW, Minnesota, Purdue. I think that we would have a shot at Nebraska also.

Like I said, the Big 10 is not good. Sorry you guys don't have powerhouses Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland on your schedule. What a joke.
8 wins? Really? Last time that happened was 2000.

Reactions: JohnnyDakota

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Wrong,

You're getting worse by the day -not even worth responding to.

• Agree
Reactions: Hawkmi1987

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yikes, Tavian Banks' single game rushing record at Iowa may be in danger inside JTS in September.

Maybe, it is your Super Bowl. I can't remember his name but I know Sage Rosenfels backup transferred to LB his Senior year after always being a QB and did really well.

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
Which would be why they're trying to find a way to get him on the field.

You really have to spoon feed some people I tell you what...
F636xiP.gif