Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Which would be why they're trying to find a way to get him on the field.

You really have to spoon feed some people I tell you what...

Your LB's must be poor if one of them is going to get beat out by a kid that hasn't played the position in about 5 years and never played it in college.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Wrong,

Our wins would be against:
Wyoming, Iowa, North Texas, Michigan State (remember they still suck), Illinois, NW, Minnesota, Purdue. I think that we would have a shot at Nebraska also.

Like I said, the Big 10 is not good. Sorry you guys don't have powerhouses Indiana, Rutgers and Maryland on your schedule. What a joke.

I don't think ISU fans should cast a stone coming from a glass conference that doesn't play D. BigTen was clearly better by every metric last year and will be again this year.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Your LB's must be poor if one of them is going to get beat out by a kid that hasn't played the position in about 5 years and never played it in college.

So, guys can't be successful trying different positions for their final year in school?

A guy by the name of AJ Derby ring a bell at all?

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

You might want to stick to basketball. You think it is a good thing to not have your players as ready as your non conference opponents, and now you think it is good that your starting QB from last year is one of your best 11 defenders? Just to clue you in, those are not good things.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You might want to stick to basketball. You think it is a good thing to not have your players as ready as your non conference opponents, and now you think it is good that your starting QB from last year is one of your best 11 defenders? Just to clue you in, those are not good things.

Campbell never said that Lanning was one of our best 11 defenders, he said he could be one of our best 11 players and wanted him on the field as much as possible.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Campbell never said that Lanning was one of our best 11 defenders, he said he could be one of our best 11 players and wanted him on the field as much as possible.

How can a guy that may not start on offense or defense be considered one of your 11 best players?

11 best athletes maybe?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I guess you're trying to get me nervous about ISU football next year because Lanning has been working with the LB's it didn't work. He's been working the LB's for a while now. At least Lanning has proved he's worth the scholarship, now Ryan Boyle who even Mangino passed on...YIKES

• Optimistic
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Aug 26, 2014
I don't think ISU fans should cast a stone coming from a glass conference that doesn't play D. BigTen was clearly better by every metric last year and will be again this year.
It's easy to pad your defensive stats when the offenses in the Big Ten are so bad. The bowl season stats have been posted on here many times. They show that the big 10 was the worst defense of conference.

• Optimistic
Reactions: JohnnyDakota

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
It's easy to pad your defensive stats when the offenses in the Big Ten are so bad. The bowl season stats have been posted on here many times. They show that the big 10 was the worst defense of conference.
Jim-Carrey-Thumbs-Up.gif

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
Yet, there are other stats, of a larger sample size, that have been posted on here, that show the exact opposite.

Bowl Week is probably the worst time throughout a season to cherry pick stats from.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

And the non cherry picked stats show that Big12 defenses allowed more than 35 PPG vs non conference P5 teams last and the BigTen allowed less than 30 PPG.

I know that he only way you can make your point is cherry picking your stats, so I get it. Yet don't try to pass it off as being credible, when it isn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: breck53

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
He hasn't changed to linebacker. He will play multiple positions.

They call those "athletes".

Nearly all D1 football players are "athletes". That doesn't mean that a kid who played exclusively at QB for 4 years is gonna just be able to flip over to LB and beat out other just as good athletes who have been practicing and training at LB for years.

I like Lanning, he is a good teammate, as lots of players in his position would have sulked and then transferred. Yet I don't think it is a good sign if he can just beat out the current LB, that wouldn't speak well of the LB currently there. That is all I'm saying.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron