Iowa Football Recruiting

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I would love to win 7-8 games a year but I'm not going to be OK with paying a coach a top 10 salary to do it even if the Big 12 is grind
Poor attempt, even the guys on here who don't know you don't buy that for a second. Even with your lofty expectations for ISU football, I have a hard time seeing you or anyone here upset at Pollard giving Campbell a raise to 4 mil/year to keep him at ISU after he wins 7-8 games a year over the next 5 years. Throw in a 11 win season capped with going to the Sugar Bowl and something tells me he would be given a lifetime contract.

But you know that.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He can't bring in top talent because the university is in the state of Iowa. Iowa has won three more games in the last two years than Iowa State has in the last five. Iowa sends a lot of players to the NFL because of Doyle. He is actually one of the more highly regarded S&C coaches in the country. Your opinion on him means jack ****.

Link? His teams look slow and tired in bowl games so I don't believe this. Maybe back in the day but now I think people really question his tactics

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Poor attempt, even the guys on here who don't know you don't buy that for a second. Even with your lofty expectations for ISU football, I have a hard time seeing you or anyone here upset at Pollard giving Campbell a raise to 4 mil/year to keep him at ISU after he wins 7-8 games a year over the next 5 years. Throw in a 11 win season capped with going to the Sugar Bowl and something tells me he would be given a lifetime contract.

But you know that.

I would not be OK with a top 10 salary for Campbell if he won 7-8 games. That is ludicrous but our standards are raised and you guys don't understand that.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I would not be OK with a top 10 salary for Campbell if he won 7-8 games. That is ludicrous but our standards are raised and you guys don't understand that.
raw

SportsFan10

Feb 14, 2017
It's an ISU thing, you wouldn't get it but yes we're raising our standards. Still waiting for that link on Doyle being so respected in 2017
How would you know I would't get it? You won't even explain it?

Tons of former players, tons of NFL and college coaches praise him. People normally don't write articles when someone praises someone else. Here is one where Barta says he is one of the most respected:

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ry-database-nationally-kirk-ferentz/89114146/

I'm sure you'll say he is just making that up though.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
How would you know I would't get it? You won't even explain it?

Tons of former players, tons of NFL and college coaches praise him. People normally don't write articles when someone praises someone else. Here is one where Barta says he is one of the most respected:

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...ry-database-nationally-kirk-ferentz/89114146/

I'm sure you'll say he is just making that up though.

Haha his own AD says he's one of the most respected so that's your link. Lol!

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

It is crazy to overpay for coaches. I would not be ok with that at all. Over the last 4 year Kirk is costing approx. $450,000 per win. ISU has paid over $900,000 per win to its coaches over the last 4 years.

That is crazy and I'm like you I would not overpay for results like ISU does.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It is crazy to overpay for coaches. I would not be ok with that at all. Over the last 4 year Kirk is costing approx. $450,000 per win. ISU has paid over $900,000 per win to its coaches over the last 4 years.

That is crazy and I'm like you I would not overpay for results like ISU does.

You realize we fired our coach for that right?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron