Iowa Football Recruiting

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
This hasn't even broke on Hawkeye Report. Probably because everyone is still in the process of figuring out who he is, but good job.

As it was mentioned on Black + Cardinal Divide's page...Cole would have been a walk on at Iowa, so him choosing to flip his commitment to Michigan State after they offered him a scholarship makes perfect sense.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
As it was mentioned on Black + Cardinal Divide's page...Cole would have been a walk on at Iowa, so him choosing to flip his commitment to Michigan State after they offered him a scholarship makes perfect sense.
No, I agree with you 100%. The post between this and yours is sort of what I was getting at. Anyway, glad for the kid.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I'm dropping my Hawkyereport subscription and from now on will only follow CyTwins for all my Hawk news.

I try to stay out of the In State Rivals threads as they all turn into a battle of trolls and idiots. But I sincerely think cytwins is a Hawk fan counter-troll trying to make Iowa State fans look bad. He knows more about Iowa than most on here know about Iowa State and there's no way anyone can be that obsessed with an opponent. His posts on non-Iowa topics are relatively insightful, but the crap he throws out there about the Hawks just to get a rise out of the Iowa fans on the board are so pathetic and ludicrous. It's almost as pathetic as the loser Hawk fans that respond to it.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I try to stay out of the In State Rivals threads as they all turn into a battle of trolls and idiots. But I sincerely think cytwins is a Hawk fan counter-troll trying to make Iowa State fans look bad. He knows more about Iowa than most on here know about Iowa State and there's no way anyone can be that obsessed with an opponent. His posts on non-Iowa topics are relatively insightful, but the crap he throws out there about the Hawks just to get a rise out of the Iowa fans on the board are so pathetic and ludicrous. It's almost as pathetic as the loser Hawk fans that respond to it.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-27_12-52-25.png
    upload_2017-4-27_12-52-25.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 2

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think both those guys are smart posters so if they are hearing Ferentz pulled his offer I'll believe it. I disagree with both of them often but they are pretty connected

It came from Blair over at Hawkeyereport. He said that he heard it was a 'mutual' parting, i.e. Iowa told him they reevaluated him and they didn't think he could cut it there and he go to release his "i committed too early" statement.

• Informative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It came from Blair over at Hawkeyereport. He said that he heard it was a 'mutual' parting, i.e. Iowa told him they reevaluated him and they didn't think he could cut it there and he go to release his "i committed too early" statement.

Sounds like Ferentz being Ferentz.

• Funny
Reactions: rholtgraves

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think you will see more and more of this going on ( the early commits and then schools pulling offers) because of the recruiting calendar getting earlier and earlier. It is much harder to evaluate what will become of a football player early in his HS career than a basketball player. Both ISU and Iowa have had this situation now within the last few months.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

giphy.gif

• Winner
Reactions: The_Gent

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Go Hoks!

giphy.gif

FrostyMitchellMilitia

Jan 27, 2017
Chicago
Sounds like Ferentz being Ferentz.
Hah! Yeah, much better than Campbell and company's approach. Let's wait about a month or two before signing day, and then come clean (to the recruit) that we technically don't have an open position - as previously offered / promised....but would consider offering a grey shirt opportunity instead. Now that's a class move....but I guess that's just Campbell being Campbell.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hah! Yeah, much better than Campbell and company's approach. Let's wait about a month or two before signing day, and then come clean (to the recruit) that we technically don't have an open position - as previously offered / promised....but would consider offering a grey shirt opportunity instead. Now that's a class move....but I guess that's just Campbell being Campbell.

Campbell and Ferentz can both be ruthless on the recruiting trail I'll agree with that

• Agree
Reactions: The_Gent

TweezerReprise

Mar 27, 2017
Agreed, he could give Rob Howe a run for his money on Iowa recruiting. Had the news of a walk on de-commit kicker before most Iowa sites. Good work I guess?