Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are you saying Prohm > Fred? If so, Wow, that is crazy stupid.

I'd rather have Prohm than Fred at this point with his ability to recruit and how he actually puts effort into it. Both are offensive geniuses and Prohm is a better defensive coach

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To me it is a moot point. Whether it happened or not, it really doesn't matter, I just don't believe Rhoads ranting and raving at a press conference acting all holier than thou when he does the same crap he was ranting and raving about.
Great, it is moot to you. I believe he originally posted based on YeahBuddy's contention that iowa stopped recruiting as soon as Lazard said he was 100% committed.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
To me it is a moot point. Whether it happened or not, it really doesn't matter, I just don't believe Rhoads ranting and raving at a press conference acting all holier than thou when he does the same crap he was ranting and raving about.

Exactly. Everyone knows all coaches go after 100% committed kids including Ferentz, Rhoads and Campbell

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
I'd rather have Prohm than Fred at this point with his ability to recruit and how he actually puts effort into it. Both are offensive geniuses and Prohm is a better defensive coach

It is like you don't know anything about BB at all. Fred wasn’t great at D, but he is a lot better than Prohm at it.

Prohm’s adjusted D the last 5 years:

Fred’s 5 years adjusted D:

Fred brought in the following players:

White, Ejim (had to keep him committed), Allen, Babb, Lucious, McGee, Clyburn, Long, Niang, Hogue, Kane, Morris, Thomas, McKay, Nadar, and Burton

Prohm has brought in:

Ernst, Carter, Long, Jackson, Lard, Young, Bowie, Holden, Shayok, Wiggington, Lewis, McNeil

You are tripping on some bad Kool-Aid if you would rather have Prohm over Fred.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Exactly. Everyone knows all coaches go after 100% committed kids including Ferentz, Rhoads and Campbell

For the sake of some quality ISU/Iowa chatter, when Black + Cardinal Divide launch their site, will you pretty pretty please create an account. I love the continual non stop Cy Twins posts about the Hawkeyes. You my friend, are good for the rivalry!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It is like you don't know anything about BB at all. Fred wasn’t great at D, but he is a lot better than Prohm at it.

Prohm’s adjusted D the last 5 years:

Fred’s 5 years adjusted D:

Fred brought in the following players:

White, Ejim (had to keep him committed), Allen, Babb, Lucious, McGee, Clyburn, Long, Niang, Hogue, Kane, Morris, Thomas, McKay, Nadar, and Burton

Prohm has brought in:

Ernst, Carter, Long, Jackson, Lard, Young, Bowie, Holden, Shayok, Wiggington, Lewis, McNeil

You are tripping on some bad Kool-Aid if you would rather have Prohm over Fred.

So Prohm is an offensive genius, had a better defensive year this last year than Fred ever did and has recruited a better HS kid already than Fred ever did? Thanks for proving my point!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
For the sake of some quality ISU/Iowa chatter, when Black + Cardinal Divide launch their site, will you pretty pretty please create an account. I love the continual non stop Cy Twins posts about the Hawkeyes. You my friend, are good for the rivalry!

What site?

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
What site?

There's a rivalry site that will be launching in a month or so for Iowa and Iowa State fans. Facebook page is up now but doesn't look like site launches till next month. Black + Cardinal Divide on Facebook, @BCDivide on twitter. Don't let mashup outta this one without an agreement that Prohm's a better basketball coach!

Reactions: CyTwins

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
There's a rivalry site that will be launching in a month or so for Iowa and Iowa State fans. Facebook page is up now but doesn't look like site launches till next month. Black + Cardinal Divide on Facebook, @BCDivide on twitter. Don't let mashup outta this one without an agreement that Prohm's a better basketball coach!

You drinking that same hallucinogen Kool Aid that @CyTwins is drinking? You guys are absolutely tripping if you think Prohm is even close to the coach that Fred was.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You drinking that same hallucinogen Kool Aid that @CyTwins is drinking? You guys are absolutely tripping if you think Prohm is even close to the coach that Fred was.

I think it's pretty close in the college game, I don't think Prohm is THAT much better than Fred. Fred was pretty good too

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
So Prohm is an offensive genius, had a better defensive year this last year than Fred ever did and has recruited a better HS kid already than Fred ever did? Thanks for proving my point!

Wow. So now Ernst, Carter, Young, Long, Lard, NcNeil, Wiggington, and Lewis > Ejim, Long, Thomas, Niang, and Morris?

You simply don't know Bb do you?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Im going to join that site out of curiosity, but its going to be an absolute cesspool within a few hours after launch.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Wow. So now Ernst, Carter, Young, Long, Lard, NcNeil, Wiggington, and Lewis > Ejim, Long, Thomas, Niang, and Morris?

How are we tallying Ejim? Committed under McDoormat and stayed committed under Fred.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

You're comparing 5 years of recruiting to 2 years of recruiting? That seems fair!

But to answer your question yes Wigginton is going to be an absolute stud

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Because recruiting is 100% of what makes somebody a good coach.

I see you conveniently left McKnight, Phillips, Godfrey, Railey, Gibson, Sledge, Okoro, and Dorsey-Walker off of that list.

How does that help your argument, bud?