Iowa starting quarterback for Iowa State

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Padilla , if not starting, will be their quarterback we need to practice for. Can't remember the year, but IU starting quarterback was so bad that the reserve came in and they won. He was the starter the rest of his eligibility.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We are pretty famous for the backup quarterbacks coming in and burning us. I remember when it happened at Missouri. Top guy got hurt and the backup was way better against our defense
Are you talking about the guy who pitched it to wide open guys about 8 yards in the flat on every single play?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Padilla can run...He's not Vick but he's far more mobile...not that Iowa offense calls plays to run QB but still...

Padilla much shorter..prob 5'11..

I could def see Padilla playing or playing alot and bringing in Petras on 3rd or 4th and short type stuff.

Our 3 man front DL and our LB's are gonna need to be better this week...by alot.

Disappointed they let Vance come into season 260Lbs...he's slow.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Padilla , if not starting, will be their quarterback we need to practice for. Can't remember the year, but IU starting quarterback was so bad that the reserve came in and they won. He was the starter the rest of his eligibility.
Hmmm... I don't remember this exact scenario, but I do remember Stanzi beating out Christensen and being named starter for ISU and everyone being kind of surprised by that.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Didn't we lose to Petras last year???
Is Brock worse than Petras...of course not.
We just have to stop TURNING THE BALL OVER and letting their defense score or give their god-awful QB a short field.
It was pretty crazy to see Petras throw for 105 yards last year and trash talk us.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
but but but petras threw a deep ball at the manning passing academy this off season he’s good!

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
We just have to stop TURNING THE BALL OVER and letting their defense score or give their god-awful QB a short field.

He's terrible but we can't seem to stop playing giveaway in this series.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Petras will start against ISU and they will stick with him as long as ISU isn't 20 points ahead. He will play much better against ISU, just because, and will have zero turnovers, even though he throws a couple right to our guys. The Cyclones are cursed in this game, and that is what I am sticking with until proven otherwise.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

Petras is much worse this year…somehow. There are many high school quarterbacks in Iowa much much better than him.