Iowa starting quarterback for Iowa State

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Entire offense has been putrid the last couple of years. Have never seen an Iowa OL and QB play so bad like these last couple of years. KF offense is usually below average but at least serviceable in areas. Since last year, the offense has been beyond bad.
Is there anything that happed a few years ago that may have caused that?

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Didn't' even read the 7 pages before this.
Iowa doesn't need a QB to win. We have a unique defense they can exploit and they will pin us deep every time we let them. be prepared for them to push all the way down the field (like everyone does) and then break... that's really about it. when they break, they get to pin us at the 1-5 yard line.
If we start 4 drives inside our 10 yard line...we lose.

this is no different than how I play ping pong. just let the opponent make the mistake.
This is pretty much 100% spot on. They’ve basically have said as much through the years. Parker has said if you maintain gap integrity and don’t get beat over the top, the opponent is going to have a really hard time executing enough at the college level to sustain drives without mistakes.

They are just waiting the other team out to make mistakes. This is why he’s so risk adverse on the offensive side. You can’t play that game if you’re offense is just as likely to give your opponent a short field as your opponent will eventually give you.

The philosophy gives the program mostly a high floor but limited ceiling IMO.

Iowa State or any teams best opportunity is to get up two scores in the first half. Obviously having the lead is nice but more so how it forces Iowa how they want to play the rest of the game.

Reactions: exCYtable

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Nugget from Iowa insider. Petras is leap and bounds ahead of everyone else in practice. This is both shocking and comforting.

I believe Petras will start and Cyclones win by double digits.

Prediction: ISU 24, Iowa 13

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I would settle for a pick six...or two. I'm not sure that offense can come back from a two TD deficit. And 14 points is a hell of a lot of safeties. That's like two field goals and four safeties.
Or 7 safeties (gag).

I am hoping that this year we overcome some statistical anomalies we've had with Iowa over the past few years. True, their D is good, but common sense says (fingers crossed) we are about to see a turn around in the turn-overs, for example. I'm hoping we go at least +1 there. I think this year we finally out-think Iowa's defense, keep them guessing. Something we have been unable to do of late.

If we can't beat Iowa this year, I'm not sure when we will do it. Their offense is down. We have many new players, but pretty good talent and no expectations like last year. The game is in IC, more reason to pull the W. Not favored to win.

Dekkers strongly outplays Petras. We win the TO battle. Iowa wins the ST game, again, but not terribly. The karma will be in our favor. At last.

ISU 20 - Iowa 13. My gut says we win by 14+ though.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I would settle for a pick six...or two. I'm not sure that offense can come back from a two TD deficit. And 14 points is a hell of a lot of safeties. That's like two field goals and four safeties.
The Gym Class (An Eastern Iowa local sports program in the late afternoon) was "jokingly" making light that they could get 7 safeties in the game to get their 14 points...rolls eyes.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
This is pretty much 100% spot on. They’ve basically have said as much through the years. Parker has said if you maintain gap integrity and don’t get beat over the top, the opponent is going to have a really hard time executing enough at the college level to sustain drives without mistakes.

They are just waiting the other team out to make mistakes. This is why he’s so risk adverse on the offensive side. You can’t play that game if you’re offense is just as likely to give your opponent a short field as your opponent will eventually give you.

The philosophy gives the program mostly a high floor but limited ceiling IMO.

Iowa State or any teams best opportunity is to get up two scores in the first half. Obviously having the lead is nice but more so how it forces Iowa how they want to play the rest of the game.
Nailed it!

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
We are pretty famous for the backup quarterbacks coming in and burning us. I remember when it happened at Missouri. Top guy got hurt and the backup was way better against our defense
Kind of like when Purdy came in against Oklahoma state his freshman year!?

Reactions: Drew0311

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The Gym Class (An Eastern Iowa local sports program in the late afternoon) was "jokingly" making light that they could get 7 safeties in the game to get their 14 points...rolls eyes.

Those tools on The Gym Class have been talking all week how bad Iowa's offense is and how ISU is going to win.... then when they did their picks yesterday.... I think all 5 guys on the panel picked Iowa..... of course.

I don't blame them... I'd pick them too after how this series has gone lately.... but then don't talk up ISU all week and talk down Iowa all week if you still believe Iowa is going to win. Just be honest... you're all homers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron