Iowa State 16th Nationally In MBB Attendance

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
It's the generic - old people don't cheer, Cyclone alley sucks, the band chants are dorky - that gets me. Any time we talk about Hilton crowds, those old canards get tossed into the mix.
Be creative!!!

And yes, I proudly claim to be an exception to your rule! :D

none of those demographics are the problem to me. A good number of arena seats are owned by businesses who use them as perks for disinterested or mildly interested clients who end up in Hilton. Those same seats are the ones with Hawk fans in them for the Iowa game and Frickin Beakers for the KU game. During other games, those seats are occupied by some COO with no rooting interest or some out of town guest on a business trip. Those are the types that I hope would be booted into the suites and replaced by rich, old Cyclone fans.

I also would not mind putting all media seats on the concourse by those other media tables and using those 20-25 seats at court side for more fans as well. Also would like those tables to be LED Ribbon as opposed to standard ad space but I digress.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
none of those demographics are the problem to me. A good number of arena seats are owned by businesses who use them as perks for disinterested or mildly interested clients who end up in Hilton. Those same seats are the ones with Hawk fans in them for the Iowa game and Frickin Beakers for the KU game. During other games, those seats are occupied by some COO with no rooting interest or some out of town guest on a business trip. Those are the types that I hope would be booted into the suites and replaced by rich, old Cyclone fans.

I also would not mind putting all media seats on the concourse by those other media tables and using those 20-25 seats at court side for more fans as well. Also would like those tables to be LED Ribbon as opposed to standard ad space but I digress.
Totally agree with your first paragraph.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm not going to lie, there was a(n older) woman at the first round in Milwaukee next to us this year cheering her ass off and seriously getting into it. Pretty sure she made more noise than the whole student section does at East AIB.

ArcticWebbedConure-max-1mb.gif

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
My mature wife makes a hell of a lot more noise at MBB games than most of the younger kids around her. I'm convinced that the before-game announcement for good behavior was started because of her.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY
D

Deleted member 8507

Before Fennelly came along I can vouch for this happening regularly at women's games. They were counting everyone in the building including tech staff, usher(s), concessions staff and janitors. Still often had attendance counts in the hundreds.
What are you talking about, we didn't actually count them. I did attendance figures in mid '80s. Would look around arena, see 40-50 and write down 224. It was not good but there was always superfan (bald, old man in gold blazer who yelled like crazy).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What are you talking about, we didn't actually count them. I did attendance figures in mid '80s. Would look around arena, see 40-50 and write down 224. It was not good but there was always superfan (bald, old man in gold blazer who yelled like crazy).

That was "Wild Bill" life at the games got more boring when he gave up his tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
As dedicated as he was, I always felt he should have gotten a "permanent price" on his tickets so that he would be able to afford them until he couldn't go any more.

That's for sure, he was a WBB fan before ISU had WBB fans. I didn't get tickets till Fenelly came, Wild Bill sat thru ALOT of really bad BB before he got to see some good teams.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
See 40-50 and write down 224 which accounted for every man, woman and child in a quarter-mile radius.

;)

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron