Iowa State Jets

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think it's a pretty bad look to be calling out your players like that so publicly. They can say we need to get better at x or y, but specifically saying the things he has makes him look very defensive and deflectioning.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I'm sure its frustrating for Lazard thinking you were going to have your buddy throwing you balls this year. But he got life changing money and needs to play up to his contract.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
I think it's a pretty bad look to be calling out your players like that so publicly. They can say we need to get better at x or y, but specifically saying the things he has makes him look very defensive and deflectioning.
Yeah great way to lose the locker room if not already lost. Would be surprised if Salah is back next year.

Reactions: Urbandale2013

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

It's different in the pros, but it still seems kind of pointless. I don't think it helps the team. Sure maybe don't play Lazard because of the drops. But Breece only holding out for the big runs? That's not him.

Reactions: NWICY and Jer

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Saleh is in a frustrating position. The o-line wasn't great to begin with, but now they're starting garbo players due to injuries, Rodgers went down, and Zac Wilson is still an albatross.

I imagine z Wilson and Cobb will be gone next year and hopefully they get some offensive linemen.

Saleh wasn't entirely wrong about Breece--i was watching the game. Early on he was constantly looking for the big play. He was also getting contacted behind the line of scrimmage a ton though, so yeah he probably shouldn't have said that to the press. Usually he's been pretty protective of the players so that's surprising.

The bad GM/ownership combined with high profile is probably wearing on everyone.

I see McDonald is getting some more play time and making nice plays, which is great

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Saleh is in a frustrating position. The o-line wasn't great to begin with, but now they're starting garbo players due to injuries, Rodgers went down, and Zac Wilson is still an albatross.

I imagine z Wilson and Cobb will be gone next year and hopefully they get some offensive linemen.

Saleh wasn't entirely wrong about Breece--i was watching the game. Early on he was constantly looking for the big play. He was also getting contacted behind the line of scrimmage a ton though, so yeah he probably shouldn't have said that to the press. Usually he's been pretty protective of the players so that's surprising.

The bad GM/ownership combined with high profile is probably wearing on everyone.

I see McDonald is getting some more play time and making nice plays, which is great
It's night and day the difference in apparent culture between the offense and defense. The defense is playing well and knows it. The offense is a dumpster fire and knows it. I doubt the Jets could get another QB had they the money and desire to because their line/OC look terrible and the HC is more than happy to trash one of their best players on offense after publicly defending a bottom-tier back-up QB for months. It doesn't make sense.