Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Saleh had some things to say about Lazard

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
1) those saying Lazard would catch more if he wasn’t covered so well: that’s partly on the WR to create separation. Granted, the play call can help to create separation for the receiver, but receivers often have to find ways to create their own separation by reading defenses and adjusting the route (easier in zone coverage)

2) 4 drops of 24 catchable balls is well below the NFL average. I think Lazard wouldn’t drop so many if Rodgers is QB as he is comfortable with Rodgers, but NFL receivers should be able to catch 90%+ catchable of passes thrown to them regardless who the QB may be.

3) Lazard hasn’t had a great season. Some of the fault lies with the team/offensive scheme and some of the blame lies with Lazard. I hope Lazard turns it around.

Reactions: quasistellar

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Lazard should just enjoy a paid vacation and work his ass off til Rodgers is back, the entire offense sucks ass outside of Breece.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Saleh should just say he’s a little dinged up, trying to get him 100%, etc. Trashing him in the media doesn’t seem like it will help him or the team.

Reactions: Bigman38

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Saleh should just say he’s a little dinged up, trying to get him 100%, etc. Trashing him in the media doesn’t seem like it will help him or the team.

If he’s not on the injury report he can’t say he’s dinged up. This isn’t college football where the coaches can hide injuries

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Jets are a dumpster fire. From his coachspeak my guess is Lazard isn't engaged. I probably wouldn't be either getting 3 targets a game from Zach Wilson that have no chance of a completion.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Jets are a dumpster fire. From his coachspeak my guess is Lazard isn't engaged. I probably wouldn't be either getting 3 targets a game from Zach Wilson that have no chance of a completion.
Disappointed the ISU Jets are having a dumpster fire season. Not good if Lazard is not engaged, but with this QB room, wow! 1700923739858.png

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Disappointed the ISU Jets are having a dumpster fire season. Not good if Lazard is not engaged, but with this QB room, wow! View attachment 119831
If Zach Wilson was a 4th round pick I'd bet they would have traded for a QB right after Rodgers got hurt.

I think either Saleh or their owners have huge egos and didn't want to look like idiots for drafting Wislon 2nd overall so they felt they had to play him.

• Agree
Reactions: CRcyclone6

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Aikman totally trashed Lazard a couple weeks ago - no separation, dropped balls. He can see with his own eyes but likely he was getting his info from the Jets coaches while preparing for the broadcast.

Lazard is one of the best blockers, but I've seen him even miss a few of them too. Hope he bounces back after his benching.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Aikman totally trashed Lazard a couple weeks ago - no separation, dropped balls. He can see with his own eyes but likely he was getting his info from the Jets coaches while preparing for the broadcast.

Lazard is one of the best blockers, but I've seen him even miss a few of them too. Hope he bounces back after his benching.
I honestly think a lot of it is frustration that the jets made a ton of questionable moves like getting Cobb, hacket, (to a lesser extent Lazard) just to convince Rodgers to come and he didn’t even play a series and now they are stuck with these guys. Lazard is still an nfl WR but Cobb and hacket shouldn’t be in the league.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I honestly think a lot of it is frustration that the jets made a ton of questionable moves like getting Cobb, hacket, (to a lesser extent Lazard) just to convince Rodgers to come and he didn’t even play a series and now they are stuck with these guys. Lazard is still an nfl WR but Cobb and hacket shouldn’t be in the league.
Broncos did the same thing last year with the Hackett hire. Who was completely unqualified for the job.

Then they doubled down on it by giving away the farm for Russell (although I was optimistic about the move at the time).

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He's got 11 million reasons per year to push through that frustration, regardless of if his preferred quarterback is throwing him the ball or not. He's got a little insulation in his contract, in the form of his dead cap number, that should keep him on the roster for next year, but wide receivers that don't produce AND have a perceived attitude problem, don't have a long shelf life. He needs to figure it out soon.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
He's got 11 million reasons per year to push through that frustration, regardless of if his preferred quarterback is throwing him the ball or not. He's got a little insulation in his contract, in the form of his dead cap number, that should keep him on the roster for next year, but wide receivers that don't produce AND have a perceived attitude problem, don't have a long shelf life. He needs to figure it out soon.
Think you misunderstood me, Lazard not being engaged is unacceptable but the only reason he is on the jets is his connection to Rodgers. That’s why he’s getting publiclly dragged. He’s there like Cobb and Hackett (and Boyle) because of Rodgers. No Rodgers, none of those people are on the jets and Lazard doesn’t get his contract.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale

This to me shows Saleh is just grasping at straws to save his job.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron