Iowa State @ Kansas State

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I blame my gay father-in-law. He installed a love of the theater in his daughters.

Lol, well good luck. I teach music, and am a fan of theatre, but can certainly understand someone not being a fan.

I was making a reference to the South Park episode where Randy Marsh takes his wife to NYC for a week of musicals because all the musicals send subliminal messages that make women horny. These subliminal messages are just the word "blowjob" inserted into random places throughout the singing.

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
We are headed down Friday afternoon. Secured tickets awhile ago, right behind ISU bench. Always a fun trip, have always been treated very well on our trips there over the years,

How does one get those seats right behind the bench in the first two rows or so. I always see the away folks in them when I watch ISU games or any other game for that matter. Can you request those through the school?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Lol, well good luck. I teach music, and am a fan of theatre, but can certainly understand someone not being a fan.

I was making a reference to the South Park episode where Randy Marsh takes his wife to NYC for a week of musicals because all the musicals send subliminal messages that make women horny. These subliminal messages are just the word "blowjob" inserted into random places throughout the singing.

I did six tours in Iowa State's marching band. I love music. She was a pretty decent trumpet player herself, too, through high school and into college.

I just have a finite quantity of showtunes that I can enjoy in one prolonged sitting. I appreciate instrumental performance more than I do vocal (with my background), and the singsong nature of most Broadway stuff just gets repetitive after you have seen enough of it.

South Park is the best.

Reactions: SimpsonClone

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
I did six tours in Iowa State's marching band. I love music.

I just have a finite quantity of showtunes that I can enjoy in one prolonged sitting.

South Park is the best.

I have played in pit orchestras, and let me tell you, even as someone who chose music as a profession, I too grow weary of show tunes after a short amount of time.

Reactions: Sigmapolis

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How does one get those seats right behind the bench in the first two rows or so. I always see the away folks in them when I watch ISU games or any other game for that matter. Can you request those through the school?
I think the ones right behind the visitors bench at Hilton go to the visiting team - so you will generally see the guests of players and coaches there as well as AD administration. If they aren't all used then they might go to others. I believe it is generally that way at NCAA venues.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I have played in pit orchestras, and let me tell you, even as someone who chose music as a profession, I too grow weary of show tunes after a short amount of time.
For the years I couldn't stand to hear any of The Nutcracker music. I got so sick of it doing tech for rehearsals and performances at Stephens.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

So. Many. Quarter. Notes.

For the years I couldn't stand to hear any of The Nutcracker music. I got so sick of it doing tech for rehearsals and performances at Stephens.

My white whale is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

I wish CDs (or Apple products) wore out like LPs did. :(

lakeliving

Apr 11, 2006
I keep a list of names of people that I have purchased tickets from when going to away games. I purchase directly from boosters at the schools we travel to. They are pricey, but we enjoy sitting in good seats for games. They are also very helpful when trying to get tickets for the Big 12 tourney as most fan bases don't get as invested as ISU with tickets. Last year at KState we sat in row 1 behind ISU bench, this year we are in row 4.
Also players/staff are allocated tickets in that general area, but it is not always exactly the same area in each arena from my experience.

Reactions: FinalFourCy

SimpsonClone

Feb 7, 2014
So. Many. Quarter. Notes.

My white whale is Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

I wish CDs (or Apple products) wore out like LPs did. :(

For me it was The Music Man. I played the WW/Reed 3 part and had to transcribe some of it because I don't play bassoon. It didn't help I didn't like the guy who played the lead role and I had to spend several hours a day listening to him attempt to sing while sitting next to my ex-gf who broke up with me like two days before tech week. Needless to say, I don't do many theatre gigs anymore.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
We have a group of 7 driving down on that Saturday and then staying in KC!

My advice...all 7 of you guys take a CowBell and ring that sucker until your arms fall off and cheer our might Cyclones on to the biggest win er Road Win of this season....GO Cyclones beat the MILDcats!

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
As long as we're talking musical theater, I had the honor to play Shannon Wilson Bell in Trey Parker's (speaking of South Park) "Cannibal! The Musical!" in the fall of '16 at the local theater. Best time I've ever had on stage.

As for the game, can't wait!

Reactions: Halincandenza

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
For me it was The Music Man. I played the WW/Reed 3 part and had to transcribe some of it because I don't play bassoon. It didn't help I didn't like the guy who played the lead role and I had to spend several hours a day listening to him attempt to sing while sitting next to my ex-gf who broke up with me like two days before tech week. Needless to say, I don't do many theatre gigs anymore.

Meredith Wilson compositions always sound like he was drunk at the time he wrote them.

• Funny

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Another theatre note (this thread took a weird turn): I saw Dear Evan Hansen on Tuesday night in DSM and it was very impressive

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron