Iowa State OU postgame video

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Everything T.J. Otzelberger, Gabe Kalscheur and Tamin Lipsey had to say following today's 61-50 loss against Oklahoma:

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Just my thought, but I really wonder if we need to go 9-10 deep to play this style. Seems like we’re physically worn out.
Ideally yes, but seems like our bench guys are are either Good O/Weak D or Weak O/Good D.

That's a tough situation when even our top 6 is struggling for consistency.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Just my thought, but I really wonder if we need to go 9-10 deep to play this style. Seems like we’re physically worn out.

The energy was really
I think the whole team is kind of mentally AND physically fatigued at this point. Didn't that kind of happen last year? Then they won a couple in the tournament and everyone remembers a great season. hopefully same thing this year.

Sort of. Last year we looked really bad the last 2 games in the conference. But since we started so bad in January, we won more in the second half.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So much of this game came down to what Tamin said about us missing easy shots. If we make those shots, there might have been a different outcome. Basketball is simple. Make shots.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think you are right on. It would be nice to have players like Ward, Watson, and King get some more minutes, then maybe the others wouldn't look so warn out
Yeah don’t get why at Least Watson and King didn’t get more minutes.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I think the whole team is kind of mentally AND physically fatigued at this point. Didn't that kind of happen last year? Then they won a couple in the tournament and everyone remembers a great season. hopefully same thing this year.
I thought they melted down at the end also but they actually had a 4 game winning streak in late February. The two blowouts happened after that which is why we have the perception they collapsed down the stretch.

This year isn't really looking like last year at all because that team had just showed evidence of being good only 2 weeks before the tournament.

This years team has looked lost the entire 2nd half of the season so I'm not sure the same optimism about winning some tourney games is warranted.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s sort of funny because earlier in the season CW was saying on his podcasts about how this team was different then last year because it was much better offensively and not quite as good defensively. But then on todays podcast it is all about how limited we are offensively.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I thought they melted down at the end also but they actually had a 4 game winning streak in late February. The two blowouts happened after that which is why we have the perception they collapsed down the stretch.

This year isn't really looking like last year at all because that team had just showed evidence of being good only 2 weeks before the tournament.

This years team has looked lost the entire 2nd half of the season so I'm not sure the same optimism about winning some tourney games is warranted.

Yeah, last year we started out 3-6 or 3-7 and went on a bit of a winning streak to start the second half of the season. And finished it off with a terrible game against OSU at home, a decent game at Baylor (but a loss), and a disaster against TT in the tournament.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I’m not buying the fatigued excuse. They are kids. If they were fatigued, don’t you think the coaches would realize that it is leading them to all these losses and not to drive them so hard ?

Agreed, I'm not either. I mean every time he comes in the PA let's us know that Bob is full of energy. And that is after Shoon has been on the floor for a grueling 3 minutes.

Plus, Watson and Ward aren't playing at all.

So if TJ can't see it.........I don't buy it.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It’s sort of funny because earlier in the season CW was saying on his podcasts about how this team was different then last year because it was much better offensively and not quite as good defensively. But then on todays podcast it is all about how limited we are offensively.

Isn't TJ CW's friend? I mean come on, he isn't about to rail on TJ