IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
A) why is Dave at this type of meeting?
B) if he his why does he have a green light to share it publicly?

Sorry not buying it, until it is actually done.

But man do I want this to happen, living in Chicago ISU would be so much easier to see and travel with!

He might not be at the meeting, but does he play golf with guys who are? More plausible.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Obviously, I think we all want to hear this rather than the “they add no value” chatter but I’m not really sure this has any more merit or truth to it than the rest of the speculation spewed on Twitter at this point.

Even if it did have some truth, I think those talks will remain quiet and behind closed doors until legalities have been worked out and settlements (in terms of payouts from Texas and Oklahoma) have been reached.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If this happens..... ISU makes so much sense in almost every aspect (other than the most important aspect $$)

Land grant university, high academic standards, Midwest footprint....a total fit

It would be a big big deal

Everyone is still crapping on ISU for not bringing more money to the table.
Will we bring as much as Notre Dame? Never.
Do we bring rabid fans who will pay for the B1G network, of Fox Sports, and anything else they try to sell us? Absolutely.
And with ESPN trying to corner the football market with their bloated SEC contract, FOX absolutely NEEDS content to compete. They have to have games to put on TV that people will watch. They might be thinking they need games in a larger VOLUME to bring in as much money as the SEC will, or close. That hopefully points to expansion with teams with good fanbases.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Do we bring rabid fans who will pay for the B1G network, of Fox Sports, and anything else they try to sell us? Absolutely.
And with ESPN trying to corner the football market with their bloated SEC contract, FOX absolutely NEEDS content to compete. They have to have games to put on TV that people will watch. They might be thinking they need games in a larger VOLUME to bring in as much money as the SEC will, or close. That hopefully points to expansion with teams with good fanbases.
In my opinion, if college football keeps going away from regional rivalries, the money will be less for everyone in the long run. Keeping conferences regional keeps more fans interested in the sport which keeps the money coming long term. Does Iowa or Nebraska playing Rutgers or Maryland actually interest anyone?

Would fans rather watch us play Baylor, or Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin?

Give me more regional games, no matter what conference it is.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

This doesn't get talked about enough. The PAC NEEDS the central time zone, it's the only way they can even begin to close the gap. The whole "doesn't add value" blanket assumption is so freaking lazy.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
giphy.webp

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Obviously, I think we all want to hear this rather than the “they add no value” chatter but I’m not really sure this has any more merit or truth to it than the rest of the speculation spewed on Twitter at this point.

Even if it did have some truth, I think those talks will remain quiet and behind closed doors until legalities have been worked out and settlements (in terms of payouts from Texas and Oklahoma) have been reached.
Until someone spills the beans on a radio show....

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This doesn't get talked about enough. The PAC NEEDS the central time zone, it's the only way they can even begin to close the gap. The whole "doesn't add value" blanket assumption is so freaking lazy.
Yeah the whole doesn't add value thing is so dumb and shortsighted. There are probably under 20 brands that "add value".

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

We are going to roll out a top 10 football team with a beautiful stadium that's going to be packed all season.

Not to mention the new building, great young coach, and pictures of ISU fans flooding cities during bowl games and basketball tournaments

The TV numbers aren't bad depending on how it's sliced. 2021 is the best version of Iowa State athletically that we've ever had.

Hoping the powers see the benefits