Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Milan will get stronger and I bet he gets taller. Jackson's 6'11..260lbs. Rock's over 7. I want another big in the portal, but our small problem starts with Lipsey which I could care less about. I wouldn't mind seeing Watson or a transfer play the 3, but Jones doesn't give up that much size does he? I want him on the court as much as possible without having to take Gilbert or Lipsey out. Lots of moving parts before next season so what do I know. Just drinking Kool aid speculating.
I think Kyle is ideal, handle good enough to play some 4 as well.

Carol

Feb 19, 2024
At the same time, you can look at plenty of successful teams in March that were small. Villanova had a ton of success playing really small. Also, many of these possible lineups aren’t that small. Johnson or Rock at the 5 and Milan at the 4 and two wings that are 6’4-6’5 is plenty big.

Going small means a skill upgrade. So I think a caveat to that is a skill upgrade by Watson in the off-season, which I think is highly likely. If Watson can hit some shots and become deadly with some 1-2 dribble moves, he could be a huge difference-maker at the 4. That would be a fairly small lineup, but he’s a really good rebounder.

Obviously how well transfers work out will determine much about the season, but I think Watson’s offensive development will be as much of a determining factor as any.
Yes to Watson!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
With the Heisenberg addition, Torvik has ISUs roster as one of the top in the country

main-qimg-4f0a1458dae8a6fb9918c6614b26ca99

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Could mean we struck out on Hadley and Kyle?
Imo it means Jackson, Rock, and someone like Kyle aren’t enough (and it’s a risk to depend on Rock to play major minutes)

Imagine Jackson goes down with injury. Now you’re needing Rock to play 20+ minutes if you don’t have another body. Also practicing against two bigs

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Imo it means Jackson, Rock, and someone like Kyle aren’t enough (and it’s a risk to depend on Rock to play major minutes)

Imagine Jackson goes down with injury. Now you’re needing Rock to play 20+ minutes if you don’t have another body. Also practicing against two bigs
Agreed. Even if you hit on 2 of Hadley/Kyle/Jefferson/Daily/whoever, you have another spot left and another guy who at least physically looks like he can slot it at the 5 without worries is just probably where I'd look for that last spot anyway. If you bring him in and Rock beats him out, that says a lot about Rock's development and would be an awesome sign.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Jesus, that’s a pretty deep rabbit hole to go down based on contact with one guy in the portal lol. We’ve probably contacted 100 guys. What does that say to you? Wait, don’t answer that.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Bronny James just hit the portal and entering the draft maintaining his eligibility. Waiting for the Iowa media folks to report Iowa's interest in him. I mean come on, LeBron has spoken so highly of CC, and she going to school at Iowa, along with Iowa needing some guards..... He doesn't need any NIL money. :D:D

• Haha
Reactions: Jdk